Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

If your insurance covers part of hypoallergenic formula..

What do you have?  I have BCBSIL and they hardly cover anything, so I'm sure this isn't on the list either...

Also, can your doctor write a prescription for it, even though it's on the shelf?  Partial prescription coverage is about the only good thing BCBSIL has going for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: If your insurance covers part of hypoallergenic formula..

• Options

Ooooo!  Good Question!  DD is on Similac Alimentum (hypo-allergenic) & I haven't thought about this!  The only thing the doctor's office suggested was applying for goverment aide (something along the line of WIC) - supposedly if your child "needs -per doctor order" the hypoalergenic formula you can get it substantially discounted if you apply to the program since it's so expensive.  DH are not confortable to apply for aide, plus we wouldn't qualify (salray-wise) anyway.

I haven't thought about asking our insurance co.  We are with United Healthcare.

• Options
    We wouldn't qualify either, we make too much money.  Try calling and ask!!  I'm going to make DH do it when I get home.  Getting the doctor's letter will be easy enough.  We used to have United Healthcare and my company switched back to BCBSIL.  United Healthcare was SO much better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"