Minnesota Babies
Options

Daycare: New Horizon Academy...anyone take LO here? Experience?

Just wondering if anyone has taken their child to New Horizon Academy. If so, what was your experience like and would you recommend it to others? Also, which location did you attend (if you don't mind sharing!).

Thanks!!

Re: Daycare: New Horizon Academy...anyone take LO here? Experience?

• Options

We take Olivia to a New Horizon and we absolutely LOVE it.  She goes to one of the pricier ones, and it is 100% well worth the price.  You truly do get what you pay for.  I can not say enough good things about her center.  (it stinks that daycare costs more than our mortgage every month, but I wouldn't ever dream of pulling her)

I actually used to work for New Horizon, and have a pretty good 'read' on a lot of the centers. (because truly, it depends on the director/staff at the center - each one is different)

If you want to send me a PM with what center(s) you are considering, I would be happy to offer my opinion and/or ask around about it :)

• Options
    imageBeccaMarie:

We take Olivia to a New Horizon and we absolutely LOVE it.  She goes to one of the pricier ones, and it is 100% well worth the price.  You truly do get what you pay for.  I can not say enough good things about her center.  (it stinks that daycare costs more than our mortgage every month, but I wouldn't ever dream of pulling her)

I actually used to work for New Horizon, and have a pretty good 'read' on a lot of the centers. (because truly, it depends on the director/staff at the center - each one is different)

If you want to send me a PM with what center(s) you are considering, I would be happy to offer my opinion and/or ask around about it :)

You got PM. :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have thought about it for our LO but our next door neighbor does daycare in her house and we'll probably end up using her instead as it is more convenient.  My co-worker goes to the one in St. Michael and absolutely loves it.  They do crafts, have school photos, have parent/teacher conferences. 

My now 7 year old stepdaughter went there when she was 3.  We really think going there helped her a lot.  She is in advanced reading classes in school and is doing really well.  She went there for about 2.5 years before she started kindergarten. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My LO goes to New Horizons in St. Michael (between the Albertville Outlet Mall and Rogers where Cabelas is for those of you who aren't familiar with the north west metro).  We love it.  All the care givers there are so awesome and great to work with.  They do art projects with the little ones (lots of foot and handprint stuff) and lots of different play things.  When they get into the older infant room they start doing sign language with them.  Their hours are great for those who have to drop off at 6:15 AM like me or for those who have to work late (they're open until 6:30 PM).  They even take pictures of the kids during the day from time to time and post them on a private Shutterfly website so you can see what your LOs are up to during the day.  I have so great pictures of Sam playing with his buddies and having fun.  They're more expensive then an in-home or some other centers, but to us it's worth the money. 
  • Options
    My coworker takes her son to NH. She looked at 2 different ones... I think one in Eagan and one in Apple Valley. I forget which one she chose, but she said that one was a lot better than the other. She has had a great experience there and would definitely recommend it. I went to check out the one in Woodbury and did not like it.  Anyway, you may  want to check one in your area and take our comments with a grain of salt since they seem to be a lot different.  We just signed up with Primrose and I am excited about it!
  • Options

I used to work at the New Horizon in Plymouth (55 and 169) and I would NEVER send my own child to there.  I'm sure each center is different but this one is TERRIBLE.  I worked with girls who would come to work hungover several days a week and would slam toddlers to the ground and blame those bumps and bruises on the other toddlers... it was sick.  Try reporting this corporate?  Yea... they will come in and "investigate"... of course the directors know about this ahead of time and will prepare staff for the visit. 

I'm not saying that all of the locations are that bad... but definately be careful and picky when choosing one.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCheezyPoof:

I used to work at the New Horizon in Plymouth (55 and 169) and I would NEVER send my own child to there.  I'm sure each center is different but this one is TERRIBLE.  I worked with girls who would come to work hungover several days a week and would slam toddlers to the ground and blame those bumps and bruises on the other toddlers... it was sick.  Try reporting this corporate?  Yea... they will come in and "investigate"... of course the directors know about this ahead of time and will prepare staff for the visit. 

I'm not saying that all of the locations are that bad... but definately be careful and picky when choosing one.

Wow.  I actually know someone who used to work there.  I worked with her at a non-profit daycare just across the highway.   I wouldn't be surprised if it were her, as I got to see her hungover A LOT when I worked with her.  If you see this, you should send me a PM.

Yeah, I agree that you can get a good New Horizon.  It's possible to end up at a good center.  But I've heard more bad than good, and I would rather not take the chance.  I'm not a fan of chain centers.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"