3rd Trimester
Options

Why do people stare at pregnant women?

I was at the grocery store to buy puff pastry dough to make a beef, cheddar and veggie pie for dinner and when I was walking through the frozen food aisle stopped for some peppermint ice cream and this couple couldn't stop staring at me. I felt like asking them if they've ever seen a pregnant woman before buying ice cream. It really bothers me when people have to stop and stare.

Re: Why do people stare at pregnant women?

• Options
    because they are in awe that we can get this big and still look this good-ha! :)   or they are envious of our ability to still move and or are impressed that dinosaurs still roam the earth :)  
  • Options
    People love pregnant women. Don't take it as a bad thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

B/c pregnant women are HAWT!  Stick out tongue

Maybe they thought they knew you....?

• Options
    People really do love pregnant women. The only time I hate it is when it's a creepy looking man or someone I think is giving me judgemental looks b/c they think I'm a teenager. (I don't look 23 and I don't look old enough to be married.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm guessing they can't figure out if we're fat or pregnant.  Then, if they're like my mom, they're look how we're carrying and then look at our ass to see if we're having a boy or a girl. 
  • Options
    Yesterday at the mall I swore everyone was staring at me. It was strange.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrs.oz:
    I'm guessing they can't figure out if we're fat or pregnant.  Then, if they're like my mom, they're look how we're carrying and then look at our ass to see if we're having a boy or a girl. 
    Hahaha! That cracked me up. I just want to wear a sign that says yes I'm expecting, no its not twins, and she's a girl! I'm fine with the stares its all the damn questions that bug me!
  • Options
    I feel this way too...mostly at school. I just finished my 2 year degree...and once I started showing...I felt like I was on parade everytime I walked on campus. It's like come on...I'm a married, adult...why are you staring at my belly like its wrong!
  • Options
    I have to admit that I stared at bellies.  It was a combination of jealousy and awe, while we were TTC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"