Postpartum Depression
Options

excessive anxiety

anyone have more of a problem with the anxiety than depression?  I am worried about everything to the extreme.  If something little is going on with my lo I go to the absolute worst thing that could be wrong.  I was just curious if there was anyone else?
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: excessive anxiety

• Options
    yes I think the anxiety aspect more described what I was experiencing, just excessive worrying about everything and when I'd ask DH about it he'd look at me like I was crazy, he was constantly telling me "Babe the baby is FINE! He's so easy, stop worrying" and I felt like I was on another planet because I didn't think he was fine and I just had a knot in my stomach all day long with worry. Now that I'm on meds, the anxiety is so much better and I can see how silly I was being.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    imagefarrellashleigh:
    yes I think the anxiety aspect more described what I was experiencing, just excessive worrying about everything and when I'd ask DH about it he'd look at me like I was crazy, he was constantly telling me "Babe the baby is FINE! He's so easy, stop worrying" and I felt like I was on another planet because I didn't think he was fine and I just had a knot in my stomach all day long with worry. Now that I'm on meds, th anxiety is so much better and I can see how silly I was being.
    yeah, I worry so badly about milestones its ridiculous.  I know that she is progressing great and the dr. would tell me, but just today she didn't coo a lot and I was immediately worried that there was something terribly wrong.  BTW she started talking more later tonight and she rolled over.  I just get myself totally worked up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think for me it's more the fear of him dying rather than milestones. In my head I can rationalize milestones as every baby hits them on their own time, but SIDS scares the living day lights out of me. That and him rejecting my milk one day. I work all day but seem to call every time he's supposed to eat, just to make sure he is eating. Weird I know.

SIDS is so scary to me, one of my coworkers had a baby that passed away from SIDS (at like 4 months of age).

• Options
    imageSAMANTHAGP:

I think for me it's more the fear of him dying rather than milestones. In my head I can rationalize milestones as every baby hits them on their own time, but SIDS scares the living day lights out of me. That and him rejecting my milk one day. I work all day but seem to call every time he's supposed to eat, just to make sure he is eating. Weird I know.

SIDS is so scary to me, one of my coworkers had a baby that passed away from SIDS (at like 4 months of age).

I was just giving an example of one of my constant worries.  This is also another one of my worries.  I can barely sleep over this one.  I check her constantly.
  • Options
    Mine is definitely more anxiety than depression. I have a panic attack every freaking day between 5pm - 6pm. I worry about the tiniest and most ridiculous of things. No, you are definitely not alone in feeling like this.
  • Options

for me, the depression COMES from the excessive anxiety.  And it's anticipatory anxiety and apprehension at that.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yup. and i didn't even know there was such a thing as Postpartum Anxiety until I got it. You really only hear about Postpartum Depression but PPA is just as real. Let your doctor know what is going on - they can help you out. :o)
    DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Options

imagefarrellashleigh:
    yes I think the anxiety aspect more described what I was experiencing, just excessive worrying about everything and when I'd ask DH about it he'd look at me like I was crazy, he was constantly telling me "Babe the baby is FINE! He's so easy, stop worrying" and I felt like I was on another planet because I didn't think he was fine and I just had a knot in my stomach all day long with worry. Now that I'm on meds, the anxiety is so much better and I can see how silly I was being.

who did you contact your ob? or your regular doctor? I am totally freaking out! first I worried about the baby and now I have moved onto myself I have been have dizzy/vertigo spells and ear pain and have pretty much convinced myself that I have a brain tumor... and I google ever illness and then give myslef the symptoms!! I dont know what is going on...i was an anxious person before the baby but it has gotten so bad since the birth..he is 11 weeks now and it is at is worse ever?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"