Cincinnati Babies
Options

Weekend Trip- Need Ideas on where to go

Hey Ladies-

As you can imagine, mine and Tim's marriage has a good amount of stress on it due to Max's health complications.  We are not on the brinks of divorce or anything, but there is definitely some tension between us and we are definitely lacking the "spark." 

So I was thinking that it would be nice for just the two of us to get away for a weekend before the transplant.  We don't need to go into these next two surgeries with how stressed we are right now plus we haven't been anywhere by ourselves since the honeymoon.  Max is doing great right now, so this would be the time to do it.  After the transplant, we won't be able to go anywhere for a pretty long length of time either, so this is our chance.

So, my question is this.  What are some good places to go that are within a 2-3 hour drive?  I don't want to go too far in case something were to happen with Max.  Any ideas?

Or if you think we shouldn't go anywhere because we have a chronically ill son at home please speak your peace as well.  I am just trying to think of some ways to save our marriage, because clearly neither one of us want to seperate.

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Weekend Trip- Need Ideas on where to go

• Options

What a great idea!

How far away is Asheville, NC?  It is fairly close, maybe slightly more than the 2-3 hour range.  Adam and I had a great time there.  Biltmore is amazing!!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options

Nashville is a great city, especially if you are a music lover. I've always had so much fun there and DH and I had a romantic weekend there once.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about Brown County, Indiana? 
  • Options
    I like going to Columbus and staying overnight at Easton.  You can catch a movie, shop, and have a plethora of restaurants from which to choose.  I go there annually for a teacher conference and have a blast! Also, Indianapolis is very fun.  We liked going to Broad Ripple, an artsy area. We also had some great pizza downtown in Indy at Bazbeaux.
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hocking Hills is always nice if you get a cabin and only 1.5 hours away.  I also recommend Murphin Ridge Inn LINK, as it is perfect for a quiet and romantic getaway.   It's about an hour or so east of Cincy.  Indianapolis and Columbus have some fabulous hotels, clubs, and restaurants if you want to live it up a bit.  Louisville also has a few nice places to stay, great entertainment, and eating places.  Gatlinburg is about 5 hours away, and is spectacular if you rent a mountainside chalet.  I hope you find the perfect place to get away and play for awhile.  You deserve it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

You have some good suggestions here!

I think tending to your marriage is extremely important, especially because of all the strain Max's condition puts on the family. Go, enjoy yourself, and know that it will make you both better parents if you are taking care of yourselves and each other.

image Ready to rumble.
  • Options

We recently used our annivesary and DH's birthday to do a similar trip for similar reasons (just different stressors - dealing with stepsons' mom, DH's business, family stuff) and it was good for us. You owe it to yourselves and to Max to do it. I think he will be fine.

We went to Indy and it was a good time. I have been to Hocking HIlls also and that was nice, but I have never been there as a couple.

Also, there is something called Little Nashville, IN. All these are only 2-3 hours away.

What types of things are you looking to do.....OOOHHH!!!! I have a great idea. This is where I wanted to stay with DH during our trip,it just wasnt feasible for going to the Colts game.

There is this hotel in NW Indy where you can have a hote suite and have a full size hottub or a private HEATED POOL right in your room.

Hotel:

www.sybaris.com

Reviews:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g37209-d120769-r48866213-Sybaris_Indianapolis-Indianapolis_Indiana.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

• Options
    imagesprads:

What things are you looking to do.....

Relax and be together.  I think we would be okay staying in the room.

• Options

We really like going to Indy and staying downtown in one of the fancy hotels. We used to go this time of year and spend a weekend shopping and having a great time down there. Easton (in Columbus, as PP mentioned) is great too. And you'd be close enough to home if anything happened.

I agree that Hocking Hills would be LOVELY and romantic, but I think I'd avoid it in your situation because the cell phone reception is TERRIBLE there and it seems like you really need to be able to be reached in the event of an emergency.

Have you ever been to Hueston Woods park outside of Oxford? It's a little over an hour away, and they have a huge lodge that's really cool. They also have cabins, but I think they are pretty rustic. If you look at the Ohio state parks web site under "lodging" there are so beautiful state park lodges that are reasonably priced during the winter months.

• Options
    You could also check out Bloomington, IN.  Mike went to grad school there and said it's lovely. The Scholar's Inn B&B is supposed to be nice.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options

These are great suggestions ladies... thank you :o)  I will give the list to Tim and do a little research!

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"