Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long....4 cm. 90% effaced

I know there is no way to know and that everyone is different, but posting here makes more sense than posting on 3rd tri.I am now at 4 cm. and 90% effaced.  Dr. said baby is right there ready to go.  Said it would only take a few good contractions to go.  How many of you were at 4 cm. before going in to deliver and how much longer was it for you after making the 4 cm. mark?  Thanks in advance. 

Re: How long....4 cm. 90% effaced

• Options

This was me at 36 weeks with DS. My MW finally broke my water at 41+ weeks. I was also contracting without knowing it.

Being that dilated and that effaced mean nothing. 

GL. 

• Options

I was having contractions, walked into the hospital where they put fetal monitors and contraction monitors on my belly, got checked half an hour later, found out I was 4cm and 100% effaced... I was 7-8 cm when they broke my water an hour 20 minutes after that, and gave birth 1hr10min later. So from 4cm 100% it was about 2.5hrs. I had NO CLUE I was dilated or effaced, so *shrugs* no idea how long I was at that stage for.

GL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're right, everyone is different.  My water broke at home.  When we got to the hospital, I was where you are now. 
  • Options
    imageMrsPreK:

This was me at 36 weeks with DS. My MW finally broke my water at 41+ weeks. I was also contracting without knowing it.

Being that dilated and that effaced mean nothing. 

GL. 

I was in the same boat - walked around at 4 cm and 90% for almost 4 weeks had had DD one week late!

• Options
    I was 4cm and 80% for 5 weeks and was finally induced at 41wks 4days.  Next time I'm not getting checked until after my due date!  Just too disappointing to not have it mean anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yep 4cm 75% effaced for 3 wks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At 40 weeks I went to L&D  at 1 cm (having PAINFUL contractions).  The nurse poked around with my cervix and I went from 1 to 4cm in matter of about 10 minutes.  I had a LEEP procedure done over 4 years ago and the nurse thought there might have been some scar tissue on the cervix that was keeping it closed (I was fully effaced)

I gave birth 9 hours later. 

• Options
    I was exactly that when I went into the hospital on a Monday, got sent home and had my LO wed. at 11:20 am
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was 3-4 cm at 37 weeks.  When I started having contractions at 38 weeks and went to the hospital, I was 4 cm.  I had my baby 5 hours after being admitted.
  • Options

I was 4 cm, 90% effaced for 3 weeks (that I know if, that was where I was at at my first internal). I ended up having to be induced at 41 weeks.

Everyone is different. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"