Postpartum Depression
Options

UUGGHH!!!! (vent)

I am so frustrated with trying to be in the Christmas spirit.  I had to walk in Christmas parade today in very cold temps and act all cheery!  Ugghh!  I spent all day yesterday shopping for a Christmas outfit for DS and found nothing, nada, zip!  3+ hours of dealing with crowds @ BRU and the mall that made me want to scream.  And all I found is that it is easy to find outfits for little girls, but not for little boys. 

I went back out tonight and DH went with me.  He hates shopping, but knows that I am now always on the verge of crying or biting someone's head off, so he agreed to go with me.  We hit 2 more stores tonight (3rd one I wanted closed @ 5PM)-- still nothing!

I have yet to get a professonal picture of DS and thought I would finally do it for Christmas.  Now we are less than 3 weeks from Christmas and I haven't set up an appointment or even bought him an outfit.  Just another thing for me to add to the ever-growing "Bad mommy list."

I see my MD tomorrow and will probably start on some meds.  I guess I need something to snap me out of this. 

Married to the Love of My Life since September 14, 2002. 
Me: 39 DH: 36
BFP#1: 10/20/08,  EDD: 6/29/09
PIH, bedrest for 4 wks, delivered at 39 weeks by induction and then c-section- Healthy baby boy on 6/24/09 :-)

BFP#2: 11/24/11, EDD: 8/4/12, Angel Baby- 2/19/12
Enlarged bladder seen on U/S at 12 weeks (1/15/12), possibly LUTO or Prune Belly, Heartbeat at OB on 2/17/12,
No heartbeat/movement at U/S on 2/20/12, (missed MC), D&E:2/22/12.  Miscarried our sweet angel boy @ 16 wks

TTCAL since June 2012, 
Progesterone normal, FSH elevated & AMH on the low side--  "ovaries acting older"
Clomid cycles: 50 mg in February, July, August, September, November 2013, June 2014--  BFNs!!  :-(
August & September 2014: Clomid, HCG and IUI-- BFNs
September 2014: FSH= 15.7 AMH= 0.25  UGH!!!  Old lady Ovaries!!!
October & November 2014: Gonadatropin injections, HCG & IUI... BFNs!!

We have been blessed with a sweet little boy.  
Hoping to be able to give him a sibling someday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: UUGGHH!!!! (vent)

• Options

I felt guilty for not getting professional pictures of DD when she was a newborn too. I have made up for it now and wasted a TON of money. Professional pics are overrated. :o)

With that said - make an appointment tomorrow. The photographers around here are begging for business. There is still plenty of time. The outfit doesn't matter as much as you think it does - just try to find one that you don't hate. It'll probably grow on you. :o) Once you get that done you'll feel better.

Also - call your doc. Meds are awesome. ;o)

DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Options
    I feel a lot like you do.  I am finally getting professional pics of DD for the first time tonight.  It's strange that something that seems like it should be so fun is really so stressful.  I felt a lot of guilt for waiting so long, too.  We did not buy any new outfits for the pictures.  I am just using a few that I have that I know I love on her.  You are not a bad mommy for not getting the pics yet.  If your DS is loved and taken care of, that is all that matters.  I think that we all might feel at times a good mommy is one who lives up to everyone else's expectations, and is able to do all the things we feel we are "supposed" to do.  But those things do not make a good mommy, just a busy one.  I know I need to work on accepting that I can't do it all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"