Postpartum Depression
Options

very late in the game...

So i just called my dr today to discuss possible PPD and have an appt next week. DS is 13mos old now and I honestly think I've been tricking myself by saying things like oh it'sjust been a rough week, or I'm stressed that's all., but it's been going on since he was born sooo... I had a very rough delivery and even rougher recovery, plus ds had very bad acid reflux.  I just never feel excited about anything and don't want to do anything, and it's definitely starting to wear on our marriage too. Ugh. I hope this helps. Just wanted to share in case other people are in the same place, and so long after their baby is born.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: very late in the game...

• Options

LO is not as old as yours, but I know how you feel. I also had a rough delivery and recovery, and I am having trouble bouncing back. I also never want to do anything and feel like showering, cleaning, or even just smiling is too much effort sometimes. I sometimes feel like DH would be better off without me (not that I would hurt myself or anything).

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we will both feel better soon. It is a very brave step to call your dr. for help. I haven't done it yet, but I am thinking about it.

Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • Options

thank you for the support.

the last straw for me was the umpteenth "argument" between DH and I about why I never want to do anything and how he doesn't even want to come home from work bc I am so miserable all the time.  I hadn't realized it was so obvious to him...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good for you for calling your doctor. That first step is the hardest part!

DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Options
    I hope things start to get better once you go to the dr!! I also set-up an appt for next wk...let me know how your appt goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"