Colorado Babies
Options

Kaiser Insurance

My health insurance is switching to Kaiser and while I am not pleased, I have a job and insurance so I have to be happy!

I am wondering if any moms to be are with Kaiser and if so, in what area, is there an OBGYN you would recommend, and how are you feeling about the care?

Thanks so much!

Re: Kaiser Insurance

• Options
    I have Kaiser and I'm in Johnstown. We have to drive all the way to Good Samaritian hospital in Lafayette, which kinda sucks, but it is worth it to have Kaiser (the bills are so much lower). I think my Drs last name is Dunn, and I go between her and the RN, Linda Hodge. I like both. They told me when I deliver that I'll just get whatever Dr is on duty, so I haven't gotten too attached. When are you due? Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the info! We just starting ttc so it is early on. I am just trying to decide if I should jump on my husband's insurance. Max is a super cute name! Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see dr. Rory moore at the Westminster OB and will either deliver at good sam or st josephs. I have am high risk so it depends on how far I make it. I love the all the docs and nurses at the westminster ob, I have been going there for 3 yrs
  • Options
    I go to the Southwest clinic (in littleton) and am very happy.  I mainly see Dr. Berga, but have been happy with all the staff there.  GL to you on your TTC journey.
  • Options
    I have Kaiser and I had a great experience both pre-natal and delivering. The only thing that I didn't love was driving to St. Joes since we live pretty far south, but since we weren't sure my water broke (it had) we weren't in a hurry to get there so it wasn't a bad drive. I know it bugs some people that the doctor you see during your pregnancy probably isn't the doctor that will deliver you, but to me I really appriciated knowing that there was a doctor at the hospital the whole time I was there. They had no where else to go since they were on shift and there was no hurry to get my baby out so they could be somewhere else. The on call doc came in when I was first admited and checked on me every few hours through the night. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have Kaiser, out of the Denver/Boulder offices. I see Dr. Panzarella. She delivers at 110th and Wadsworth ish. I LOVE HER!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am from the San Francisco Bay Area.  I've had Kaiser insurance my whole life (almost 27).  I absolutely love it!  Had a great prenatal and post prego experience when I had my daughter, November 2008!  We are getting ready to move to Boulder area, my husband just got a job offer there and unfortunately they do not offer Kaiser medical.  I am so bummed, but oh well.  The thing with Kaiser is you either like it or you really hate it.  I have always had good experiences.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I see Rory Moore at the Westminster office off of Huron... good doctor she delivered my first and hopefully I catch her this time around as well!
  • Options
    We decided to switch to Kaiser because the cost was much more reasonable compared to the alternative (the deductible for the other insurance was insane!)  I see Dr Ballonoff at the East Denver office (in the Aurora area), and I plan on delivering at St Joseph Exempla.  Although I anticipate that a different doctor will ultimately deliver our baby, I have been seeing Dr Ballonoff quite consistently, and she is wonderful.  My pregnancy hasn't been a walk in the park, but she has provided great care, and I would highly recommend her!
  • Options
    I used the Franklin office of reproductive endocrinology to concieve this time around.  Delivered our first Kaiser baby in April of 06 at St. Joes and really had a great hospital experience.  I didn't know to appreciate a lot of their care until I talked to other mommy friends after the fact.  We will deliver our 2nd(and 3rd--it's twins) at St. Joes this April.  We just did the hospital tour today and I got really excited about the pending end to this journey.  I am seen at the Highlands Ranch office by Dr. Gardner but have seen others there and really like everyone.  I also see Dr. Stark from Franklin Perinatology.  I too will be delivered by whom ever is on call but don't mind it at all.  Also, Kaiser offers a home nurse visit a few days after discharge and I haven't met anyone else who got that treatment!
  • Options

I had Kaiser insurance with my first! I went to the Westminster clinic off and saw Dr. Raggio. He was great! I delivered at Good Samaritan in Lafayette and all the doctors were great!

I don't think Dr. Raggio is there anymore. But i also saw his assitant Dr. John Philman he was good as well.

Best of luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have Kaiser and use the SW facility on Wads. I see Dr. Berga and am totally happy with her. I delivered at St. Joe's downtown and had a super experience. DD's pedi is Dr. English at Ken Caryl (the SW peds dept is being remodeled) and she is great too.

I was kind of anti-Kaiser at first, but I love that it is an inclusive environment. Honestly, the staff I have been in contact with is just wonderful.

• Options
    I have Kaiser, and I visit the Rock Creek location. Its super nice and new. My OB is Dr. Dunn. She's great, as are all the Dr's on staff. Note though that you aren't guaranteed who will deliver you, its pretty much whomever is on call. So far i'm not very worried about it. We'll be delivering at Exempla Good Samaritan which is connected to Kaiser Rock Creek in Lafayette.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"