Postpartum Depression
Options

Making an appt. to talk to a counsleor

What can I expect to happen at this appt? I haven't been dx yet but think I have PPD...just wondering others experiences thanks!

ETA: I'm nervous about the appt and afraid that I will be prescribed medicine. I'm afraid I will become addicted, (maybe I'm insane but just worried about that!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Making an appt. to talk to a counsleor

• Options

well I'd definitely start ahead of time and make a list of questions, ask them about your concerns of medication and your concerns of addiction, that way they can ease your fears and come up with a plan that fits for you.

I'm sure they'll ask you about your "list of feelings" so I'd write it out ahead of time since I tend to forget on the spot a lot of things I'd wanted to say, maybe print out a list of symptoms from the web and check off the ones you experience to help them understand what your going through. Other than that I assume they'd just discuss it all with you and come up with a plan to help including maybe meds and talk therapy or just therapy or other strategies to help you get through it! GL

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options

At the first appointment my counselor just had me list out what I'd been feeling/thinking the past few months by going through a list on paper. Then we discussed those, how severe they were, etc.

I'm not on meds at all...I said I wanted to try without first (my own choice, by no means saying that's the right choice for everyone) and so she said ok and that we'd re-evaluate over time.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor had a form for me to fill out....from that form they could "grade" how severe my depression was and where to go from there. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"