Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby acne or eczema? PIP

I obviously plan to ask her pediatrician but does this look like baby acne or eczema?! I hate it whatever it is. People constantly ask me "What's wrong with her face/skin?" My other daughters never had this. I keep baby clean and it just looks painful and awful. It started out as bumps much like zits and now looks rashy and red as well as bumpy.

Note: pic is big on purpose to see the rash/bumps.

imageimage" mce_src=" image">

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Baby acne or eczema? PIP

• Ugh, I have no clue why it posted TWO pictures. TheBump isn't letting me edit my post either.

And the red mark on her forehead is a storkbite (birthmark) so ignore that. Just wondering about the rashy stuff all over her face!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Minus the larger red areas between her brows and on her eyelid this is what DD's looked like.  I called the triage nurse at our Pedi's office and she said it was just baby acne.  DD also had it on her chest and shoulders.  The nurse suggested not using soap or lotion on the area until it cleared up.  After about 10 days her skin was so dry and I started putting lotion on it.  The redness was gone after a few days, but I could still feel the bumps.  I still can feel the bumps, but they are not red, and I put lotion on them every day after her bath and they are getting better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son had a similar looking rash on his face and chest.  I started moisturizing like crazy and running the humidifier on high and it's gotten better (coincidence?)
  • imageMelanie.Brown:
    Minus the larger red areas between her brows and on her eyelid this is what DD's looked like.  

That's her birthmark. Smile

Thank you for your response! It just looks so awful! What kind of lotion did you use? I haven't put lotion on her face but I have on her body and she doesn't have any of this on her body. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I alternate vaseline and A & D.
  • I used Eucerin creme.  It worked really well, but it also will go away on its own.  I hated it so much and it took everything to keep me from messing with her face.  But it cleared up by 7-8weeks.
  • Looks like baby acne to me.  Not much you can do.  Lotion might help a little but, it will go away on it's own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure but my BFF's DD looked like this, too.  Her DD had it onto her chest and tummy, though.  She changed detergents and got an organic lotion.  It cleared up in a few weeks.  I can get you the name of the lotion if you'd like!
  • Looks just like the baby acne that DD had.  Hers was really bad and lasted a few weeks.  DS's is just starting to flare up, but looks like it won't be as bad.

Cetaphil (sp) was always recommended to us.  It is extremely mild and we started using it for DH's horribly sensitive skin.  So we always had it for the kids.  The cetaphil cleanser is so mild that you don't even have to rinse it off.  Which is great.  Sometimes wiping it off, especially if you use a cloth of any kind, can increase irritation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"