Breastfeeding
Options

When to pump?

So I have finally been able to BF my daughter.  She has a partial vocal cord paralysis and had a feeding tube for a while and was taking only part of her meals in a bottle.  After many tries, she has been successfully BFing for a day now. Before I was just pumping.  My question now is at what point should I pump to start a freezer supply.  My milk was on the low side when I was just pumping and had to supplement.  I pumped twice today after BFing DD and got 2oz total.  I don't want to deplete my milk supply now while DD is working hard to get my milk to come in more.  So I've decided for now not to pump.  At what point/time frame do you think it would be good to start pumping again to get my back up supply going?  And, how much time after you are done BFing do you pump?

Thanks so much for your input. 

Re: When to pump?

• Options
    Yay! So happy for you that you got DD to BF! 2oz on top of feeding is about what I get each day. To pump for a freezer stash when DS was that age I would pump when I finished nursing him first thing in the morning. I've seen a lot of ladies on here recomend waiting a half hour, I may try that in the next few days to see if I can pump more in the morning. Now he's in a routine of going to bed at 7 so I also pump at 10pm and he wakes up for his first night feeding at about 1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"