1st Trimester

Getting up to pee at night?

How many times are y'all getting up to pee in the night? I'm only 9 weeks along and I'm getting up at least 2 and sometimes 3 times a night, plus right when I wake up! Its so ridiculous! I even make sure to go before I sleep. And I'm completely parched after each time I get up, so I take just a few sips of water before going back to sleep. I thought this would happen more in the 3rd trimester. 

Any of you going through the same thing this early? 

Re: Getting up to pee at night?

• I'm up at least twice a night.  It sucks. I don't remember going this often this early with DD but that was two years ago so it's possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Once right before bed, 1-2 times during the night, then immediately after waking up, and usually again about 30 minutes after that first morning pee. It's been that way for me since about 6 weeks I think ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  I've been on a strict 2-3 per night routine for a few weeks now.
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • I've just started to have to get up once a night and I'm thirsty all the time!  I never really enjoyed water before but now I can't get enough!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my prenatals give me dry mouth so i drink a lot at night and therefore have to pee a couple times.  if it doesn't match the amount you're drinking tho, or if you're drinkin a lot and still thirsty you may wanna talk to your doc at the next appt about sugar levels.
  • Sometimes 9 times...fun times!

• Yeah, I've already got the routine too. We put a night-light up in the bathroom so that the lights don't wake me up too much, and I don't flush (yellow let it mellow) so the flushing doesn't wake DH. I'm considering switching sides of the bed so that I have less steps to the bathroom. DH even does a funny impression of me stumbling around the bed, holding up my sore boobies as I shuffle to the bathroom. Hahaha
  • Seriously, like 5 or 6 times.  For some reason I get real thirsty right before bedtime.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • something to think about. Thanks for the idea about the prenatals and the sugar levels. I take my prenatals at night, right before bed, so that could be the dry mouth. I don't think I am drinking enough water during the day, but when I get up to pee, its rarely a full bladder. I will ask my doctor about the sugar levels.
  • It doesn't get much better, unfortunately. If I slept through the night without getting up to pee, I'd probably wet myself ;-)
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2-3 times a night after going right before bed and as soon as I wake up.
  • Doesn't happen every single night, but most nights I'm up at some point to pee.  This is especially strange for me because when not PG I have a bladder of steel and can go quite some time without peeing.  It's definitely directly related to how much water I drank that day.
  • I'm getting up once in the middle of the night, twice if I want to sleep in. I know it will become more frequent and it isn't much now, but it feels like it because I've never been one to need to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night (I've always had a bladder of steel... rarely need to go on shorter road trips or anything like that).
  • I go atleast 3 times during the night, and I also go before I go to bed! It is so annoying!!  I try to hold it as long as possible, which isn't very!  And I also try to limit my water intake before bed and during the night because I know that will only make it worse.  During the day at work, I'm lucky if I can even make it an hour without having to go again, but I do drink a lot of water during the day.

• I have never been a night time urinator, ever. But now, I get up once a night! Go figure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was getting up about 5 times a night around 11 weeks, but now it's down to 2-3. Depends on how much water I drink. I sleep away from the door so I have to walk around the bed in the dark and ALWAYS run into it and wake my husband up.. Kind of hoping he'll trade me sides if I wake him up enough. Lol
  • imagek_lynn8488:
    I was getting up about 5 times a night around 11 weeks, but now it's down to 2-3. Depends on how much water I drink. I sleep away from the door so I have to walk around the bed in the dark and ALWAYS run into it and wake my husband up.. Kind of hoping he'll trade me sides if I wake him up enough. Lol

You made me laugh - I also have to walk around the bed and crash into something. Like you, I am hoping DH will switch sides with me!!

Where are you in Europe?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLegally Nads:
    stumbling around the bed, holding up my sore boobies as I shuffle to the bathroom.

Haha...THIS! 

I'm up 1-4 times a night depending I THINK on the last time I've done more than pee. It's crowded in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"