Success after IF
Options

Nuvaring???

Hey girls-

Has anyone tried the Nuvaring? Or are you on it now?

The good? The bad?

Sounds appealing......just wondering what people's experiences were/are with it! Need to decide on some BC soon!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nuvaring???

• Options

Awwww... come on!

Leave the goalie on the bench and just see what happens!

After all - sex is a prerequisite for conception and if you're like us right after having 2 under 2 it'll be a while before you're in any real danger, right?

Sorry... had to poke some fun!

I'm just jealous that you're eventually planning a 3rd.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

Awwww... come on!

Leave the goalie on the bench and just see what happens!

After all - sex is a prerequisite for conception and if you're like us right after having 2 under 2 it'll be a while before you're in any real danger, right?

Sorry... had to poke some fun!

I'm just jealous that you're eventually planning a 3rd.

You are too funny!!! Honestly, I would like to just see what happens, but everytime I have gotten PG without Met, I have m/c'ed. So, I feel like I need to be on the Met, and I'm not ready for that. Plus, really, we don't have room for a 3rd quite yet!

I need to go on BC until at least next summer!! We shall see what happens! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope it is ok that I am answering even though I am not yet PG.. I was on nuvaring for about six months, at first it was great, but for some reason after six months it started sliding out a lot so I had to swtich.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I LOVED it. was on it for years. I yanked it out during sex, but many said it stayed put. I wore them back to back (every 28 days) for 6 months during our big trip, no period. minor spotting.  (but I always spot)

I got my period right away after stopping it. it did not appear to screw up (my already screwed up) body.

check your insurance, most cover it normally by now, but it used to be more money. Mail order knocked it cheaper.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    I hate being on birth control, but for birth control, you can't beat it.  So easy!  Mine would also come out during sex, but no biggy (although you do have to be comfortable with sticking things up there with your hands...i guess some women aren't). 
  • Options
    I also used it and liked it. It's what I switched to after years of the depo provera shot (depot was a BAD idea). I used it much like Davez and didn't get a period as long as I was on it. (not that I get periods anyway but I didn't know that at the time.) I seem to be really sensitive to the hormones in BCP's and really struggled with weight gain and anxiety while on depot provera. I lost a chunk of weight when I switched to nuvaring. The anxiety was still there but not as severe. Only when I went off of BCP's totally did the anxiety erase completely. I'd say its worth a shot though. Overall, if I HAD to be on a birth control, that would be the one I'd recommend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"