Georgia Babies
Options

Wow..normally not a CIO fan...but

Amelia has been sleeping like a newborn for some reason again. up every 3 hours... I just literally tried every trick in the book to get her to sleep but nothing I was doing helped  she kept fighting me..but she was soooo tired. I put her little butt in the crib and let her cry and BAM 8 minutes later she was out! No paci even! Amazing. I might have to do this ferber thing for good! lol

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Wow..normally not a CIO fan...but

• Options
    yeah, Ferber worked for me like a charm
  • Options
    Same thing happened to us.  We were not into CIO and I had just been saying that day to friends again how I didn't want to do it.  But Ethan was regressing with his sleep the same as you described.  I finally gave in and let him just fuss it out, figured I wasn't helping any and he needed to work it out himself.  I was shocked at how well it worked.  That was how we got rid of our paci too.  Weren't planning on getting rid of it so early, like 4-5 months, but tossed it after that.  Glad she's sleeping!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alejandra did the same thing aound 4 months.  for her it was this new found mobility...flipping back and forth in her crib was just keeping her up.  i dealt with it for a few days then I let her cry.  i dont think a little tears ever hurt and it got her back on track 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad Amelia finally went to sleep. Hope you can get a good night's rest, too!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    I don't mean this snarky AT ALL to you or anyone else that posted...but I don't think *anyone* loves CIO!  It was oh-so-definitely not my first choice, and like you, it was a last resort.  I think most moms would prefer to rock, sing, whatever, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do :)  So glad it worked quickly for you, I have had close to an hour sometimes with my boys, and it's so painful for everyone in the house :(  But, it does work, actually had to let my 14 month old cry last night and tonight he went down without a peep after crying at bedtime for a week. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Yep, same thing happened to us.  I really didn't think that I wanted to do CIO but when nothing else worked and I just had to do it... omg, it was like magic.  Now whenever he hits that phase we have to just stay out of his room.  If we go in, the crying lasts WAY longer.  But if we just stay out, he is back asleep in less than 10 minutes everytime.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"