1st Trimester

discrepency between sac size and baby measurement

I had an ultrasound and discovered that I am 6 weeks.  On the OB report I was given, I recognized a discrepency between the gestational age of my sac and the gestational age of my baby.  Sac measures 5w5d, but the baby measures 6w2d.  I'm confused!  The heartbeat was good, 122 bpm.  Anyone have any experience with this??

Re: discrepency between sac size and baby measurement

• If your doctor didn't take note of it, I wouldn't let it worry me until I asked.   Measurements can be off by a couple days and not mean anything!
  • I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this.  If it was a problem though, I'm sure your doctor would have gone into detail!  You can always give him/her a call tomorrow and see what's up - they are there to answer your questions and help you out!

Best of luck!

• Loading the player...
  • If your doc didn't mention it then I wouldn't worry too much.  You can always call and ask if it is bothering you... but with most medical stuff I tend to think no news is good news.  If something were really off or of major concern they would have told you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • Thank you. I called and left a message for my OB nurse.  Hoping she'll call tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"