Austin Babies
Options

Tricycle??

Tell me about your DC's tricycle. We want to get one for DD and we're having a hard time deciding. Pros/Cons??
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Tricycle??

• Options

We have a kettler. It has a pushbar so you can push the little one. you can buy a pedal cover for the too small to reach kiddos so they don't end up with twisted ankles from trying to spin the pedals.

It's a solid metal construction I think there are maybe 3 or 4 pieces that are plastic and I love that!

it's a bit pricey, but you can find them on craigslist and even target is carrying some. If you look online you can usually find a nice deal. 

Not the whole bike shot but...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have this one.
    Pros:  It looks cool.  She will be able to use it for a long time.  It is good quality.  She LOVES the bell.  It has a wide base and won't tip over easily.

Cons:  It is heavy/takes a little more work for her to actually peddle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just bought this one for DD for Christmas.  No experience with it yet but I didn't want a plastic trike and there's just something nostalgic about a red Radio Flyer trike!  I also wanted the push handle since I know she won't be able to peddle herself yet.

https://www.radioflyer.com/products/trikes/34p.asp

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We have this one:

LOVE it.

*The 'trunk' is a total necessity for the girls.  All of their treasures go in there, from rocks and leaves to mail and toys.

*the push handle is wide and easy to steer.  I really think those with just the bar sticking out would be difficult to handle.  I know at times we really have to fight the girls on what direction the tricycle is going, so like being able to use both hands easily.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options

Nanann, do you have any issues with the plastic molded tires?  A lot of the reviews I've read said to pay the extra $ and get the rubber tires.  It makes sense to me.  It's hard enough for little ones to pedal a bike without the tires slipping like a Big Wheels tires slip on concrete.  But, I wanted to get the opinion of someone I "know."  We are considering this same bike, but with the "air" tires.

• Options

We have the one nanann posted and while I love it, DD just isn't big enough for it.  She can barely reach the peddles and she is 36" tall.  I do love the steering bar, but mostly because I end up pushed her.  We are probably going to get her this one for Christmas because we tried it out at the store and she immediately started pedaling down the aisle.

AustinAggie- I think we have the plastic tires with tread and have no issues with it on the driveway or in the street. I'll double check and make sure they aren't the basic ones.

ETA: Actually, this is the one she rode in the store.  It's very similar to the other, but a little cheaper and doesn't have the streamers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"