1st Trimester
Options

Skin Problems :(

Is anyone else having hormonal acne flair ups?? What are you using that seems to help it? Everything I have read says to stay away from acne cleansers and leave on treatments...is there nothing that can be done???!! It's seriously annoying me and makes me feel like I don't have my baby glow going on - haha.

Re: Skin Problems :(

• Options
    Wash with a mild soap twice a day. This is what I use and it works pretty great. If I miss one washing though I break out. So it's important to keep it up. Give it a try for a week and see what happens. Btw, I use DOVE if you want to give it a copy cat try! Smile
  • Options
    I'm going the all natural route and using watered down Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Oil Castile Soap.  I've been using this for over a year now and while I'll still get a pimple here and there, it seems to do the job.  For the ones that come, I've been dabbing this acne stuff from Burt's Bees.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

From everything I've read on these boards - that "glow" we're all supposed to have is either just oily skin or the green glow from MS!! Stick out tongue

With that said, you will find varying opinions on what can be used during pregnancy and what can't. Almost all agree that salicylic acid cannot be used. Some docs say benzol peroxide can be used; others say it can't. (Some women used Proactive their entire first/second pregnancies, others stopped with their BFPs). Other women are on antibiotics for their acne problems.

The best advice is prob to talk to your own OB about it so, at least, you two are on the same page. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use the Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Scrub for my face and it seems to be working good for me. I hope you find something that works for you. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I use Noxema morning and night and that seems to keep the oil and breakouts somewhat under control (well at least better than nothing)
  • Options

I use the Mario Badescu glycolic cleanser and it's clearing up my skin pretty nicely.

I hear you on the glow - I don't think I've ever had a freaking glow.  It's either oil or sweat or something.  Ugh.

• Options
    A couple weeks ago I raved about Aubrey's acne wash (organic stuff from Whole Foods).  I think it's making my skin a lot worse now.  I think I am having an allergic reaction.  I have to figure something else out now. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

My skin has been absolutely terrible - I had cystic acne prior to DS and it's back with a vengeance.  There's really nothing that I've found that works, since it's hormonal.  But it's just awful and so painful.  I'm almost tempted to start washing with antibacterial soap -- cheaper and probably works just as well as my stupid face wash.

That said I used Proactiv throughout my first pg, my skin was great and my doc said no worries.

Good luck - make sure to post if you find any amazing secret!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"