Baby Showers
Options

would you invite these people

1st- a coworker, I am good friends w/ 3 of my coworkers, we see each other regularly outside of work and they will be invited.  Another one of my coworkers I started with, so when they have union dinners for new teachers or teachers w/ less than 5 years experience we go together (this has happened maybe 3 times).  We also talk when we have time at work.  I enjoy spending time with her and would like to invite her, but we don't really have that hangout outside of work relationship.  She is also friendly w/ my 3 close friends so I'm sure she'd have no problem hanging out w/ them

2nd- 2 of DH's friends girlfriends.  The one gf I like but hardly ever see, she's been to our wedding and we've hung out with them as couples several times.  The other gf, actually fi, I don't really care for and have not spent much time with her.  The girls know each other so they'd probably make plans to come and hang out together.   The only reason I'm thinking of inviting them is because DH has been friends w/ their BFs since elementary school

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group

Re: would you invite these people

• Options

sounds like evryone needs to be invited

• Options
    imagemmitche0:

sounds like evryone needs to be invited

it won't hurt anything to invite them all

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't invite your DH's friends GF's since they are not close to you.  Unless, of course, you're having a couples shower.

I would invite the coworker for sure.

• Options

#1 - I would invite.

#2 - I would not.  I've been the "girlfriend" before and I have NOT been invited to a shower, and it was fine.  I wouldn't expect to be invited, to be honest.  DH's friend, not mine.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

#1 - I would invite.

#2 - I would not.  I've been the "girlfriend" before and I have NOT been invited to a shower, and it was fine.  I wouldn't expect to be invited, to be honest.  DH's friend, not mine.

Agreed. 

• Options

It doesn't look like it would hurt anything.  So why not?

The more the merrier.

• Options
    I'd invite everyone.
  • Options
    yes, and yes. What's 3 more?
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options
    I'd invite them all.
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

#1 - I would invite.

Just another opininion, as if I were the "girlfriend".  While I wouldn't expect to be invited, I would have really like the opportunity to attend.  DH and I met later in life, and his friend circle was pretty set.  The wives would talk about showers that they had all been to at our gatherings- I would have really enjoyed being "welcomed" into their group as well as having something to contribute to the conversation.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"