High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

New here

Hi ladies,

I was put on bedrest for hypertension/ "mild" preeclampsia the Wed before Thanksgiving.  I guess I do not know what to expect....hopefully I can keep these babies in until 37 weeks.  For those of you with this abnormality does the preeclampsia usually progress?  How many people were bedrested at home?  and did these same people end up on bedrest in the hospital too?? any information would be helpful:) thank you

Re: New here

• Options

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties...if you haven't already posted, check out our daily Bedrest Mama's checkin.  There have been quite a few with preeclam that may be able to help with any questions/concerns you have.  Good Luck and hope your little ones keeps on cooking!

• Options

I was diagnosed with PIH at 28 weenks with my last pregnancy. It quickly turned critical at 31 weeks and I ended up in the hospital with a bunch of doctors telling me I was going to deliver that night.  Luckily I didn't.  I responded really well to the mag/sulfate and was able to leave the hospital after a few days.  I was on complete bedrest.  I couldn't even sit up to type.  I was allowed to shower ever couple of days and I was allowed to use the restroom as needed.  That was it.  I went in to my OB twice to 3 times a week.  I had multiple NSTs, and if there was a problem I was sent across the street to the hospital for BPP and labs. 

I did multiple 24 hour urines, labs, and u/s to check growth and placenta.  If I ever got up for more than a few minutes my BP would shoot up.  But laying down would drop it.  I did spend several days in the hospital, but mostly because DD didn't like the NST and wouldn't move a whole lot during monitoring.

I was able to stay on home bedrest because my BP was controled with bedrest, and my labs, and urine were good.  It was frustrating because every week we were told that next week might be the week to induce because of the BP. So it was a giant roller coaster for 2 months. 

But the good news is that I went into labor on my own at home at 37 weeks 3 days.  She was healthy and perfect.  And my BP went down within 24 hours of delivery.

Good luck.  It is a hard thing to deal with, but IMO I would rather have the BP issues than some of the other complications that can arise in pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"