TTC after 35

Back from IUI

The sperm count was lower than they would have liked - 3 million post wash.  The doctor seemed kind of negative about it - and then after the procedure we got a handout that included a section saying success often takes multiple cycles and it will be easier to take bad news if we have a plan for the next cycle.

Sigh.  I was so excited for the IUI - but now I just feel kind of down about the whole thing.  Anyone have any lower count success stories for me?

Re: Back from IUI

• 3 Million sperm is a low number?  Wow, I thought it only took 1!  ;-)

No, I have no experience with this.  Good luck.

• My RE likes to see 10 mill post wash. We have always made that 23 mil and 13mil...I agree with PP it only takes one...have the faith...3 million in my thoughts seems like a whole lot of swimmers..
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebaze2:
    My RE likes to see 10 mill post wash. We have always made that 23 mil and 13mil...I agree with PP it only takes one...have the faith...3 million in my thoughts seems like a whole lot of swimmers..

I kind of think 3 million sounds like a lot - esp. since they are already where they need to go.

• I think out of those 3 million, that one has to get to the target! Especially since they didn't have to swim as far as they normally would have. Keep your chin up! I hope this is the one for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the LONGEST 2ww in your life!  I am now 10dpIUI and I swear, somebody has stopped time.  I'm not sure about the count...I think my RE said they like to see at least 5 million post-wash.  Are you doing B2B IUIs? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a 20 mm and a 23 mm follies along with 61 million sperm on my side and it was still BFN on IUI #2.

It only takes one little guy.  You certainly can't get down this early in the game!  Keep your chin up!

• imageStrunella:
    Welcome to the LONGEST 2ww in your life!  I am now 10dpIUI and I swear, somebody has stopped time.  I'm not sure about the count...I think my RE said they like to see at least 5 million post-wash.  Are you doing B2B IUIs? 

No - not b2b - just one. 

I hope time speeds up for you soon:)

• Don't be down.  Like you said, it only takes one and 3 mil is a lot more than 1.  Good luck!
  • I'd concentrate on quality over quantity!  I think the RE's give us the worst case scenarios and are realistic rather than get our hopes up. 

Good luck, I hope the 2ww passes quickly!  I know these are busy weeks for everyone with the holidays and all.  

• Oh and BTW, there is a girl on the IF board that had 6 million to work with.  Well, she has tripletts now.  Go figure!!!!!
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies:)  I do feel better now:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"