South Florida Babies
Options

one more time: PARKS

im way behind on reserving a park for mady's 2nd bday.

most parks ive called said they are already booked.

please recommend parks in the area of hia gdns, miami lakes, and miramar so i can call and see them this week.

*leanna: i went to memorial miramar last week - the birds freaked me out .... what are your thoughts on that?

*mimi: i have ruben dario park in the back of my mind but its so far for most of my fam.

*some parks in miami lakes only have availability for 60 ppl and i have 77 on my list, what do you all think of actually reserving and expecting less ppl to show up? do or dont?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: one more time: PARKS

• Options
    does the 77 include little kids and babies?  or kids under 2?  if so, i wouldn't count them! lol  Or, at the very least, count 2 of them as 1 person :)  and yeah, some people might show up late, some might leave early, so you might have an average of 60 all around.  (btw, are they really sticklers on that and will check up on you?  can you get away with an extra 15 people w/out them noticing?)
  • Options

I hadn't really noticed the birds any of the times I was there so I'm not too worried I guess.  My main thing was that i wanted a place close to my house and that was it :) 

I'm sure there's some nice parks in Miami Lakes.

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I were you I would book the park in Miami Lakes. What's another 17 people, are they going to be head counting everyone!? I know this is not in your radiar of locations, but there are a couple of park in the City of Doral, (www.cityofdoral.com) Their prices are pretty cheap, the most expensive one ($200) you really don't need a bounce house since there is a park literally a couple of steps from the shelter. They also have a soccer, baseball, football field and a bike path. We are planning Alejandro's FIRST birthday party too and this park was/ is on the top of our list. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options

thank you ladies!

77 INCLUDING kids...(18 kids??!?!?!) wow big up from this past yr when we had 9 kids total lol

im going to the park in mia lakes wednesday to reserve (hopefully crossing fingers the date is not already taken) if not ill go to doral...thanks bridge!

leanna: im scared hopeless of animals, we just dont mix lol

• Options

I would do Miami Lakes also... GOOD LUCK!!

• Options

I invited 100 people (children and adults) to Nadia's party. The pavillion said max was 60- but I figured it didn't really matter since people wouldn't be sitting all at the same time and would probably be wandering around with their kids.

I don't really know how many people I finally had- but I don't think the max really matters. I mean- it wouldn't be a problem evacuating if there was fire or something. LOL!!!

• Options
    And if you are talking about the miami lakes park where I had Nadia's party- a guy came by and took out the trash twice but that was it. No head count. I really don't think it matters honestly or that the guy cares.
  • Options

imageMariM:
    And if you are talking about the miami lakes park where I had Nadia's party- a guy came by and took out the trash twice but that was it. No head count. I really don't think it matters honestly or that the guy cares.

the park where you had nadia's party is booked already until may! i had no idea how far in advance i had to book a park! i need it for april so tomorrow and friday im on a mission to go see 4 parks and finally decide on one. miami lakes has one on 6075 mia lakes drive east. have u heard of it? the lady told me its not in greatest condition but to pass by and see it, if i like it its mine. theres also 3 new parks in hia gdns that im gonna go see and 1 in doral.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"