Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Q. ear infection with tubes

I know they say it drains but is it suppose to be a large amount that drains out or would their ear just look a little crusty?
                                       Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

Re: Q. ear infection with tubes

• Options
    i have heard both
  • Options
    DS got tubes when he was about 10 or 11 months old.  About a month after that, he got an ear infection.  He had a good bit of gunk coming out of his ears.  There would be a lot of it in the morning, after he woke up especially.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    the boys have had tubes for almost a year now, and linus got an EI a few weeks ago. it was very crusty and also gunky. blech.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    My daughter had gucky fluid from both ears. It freaked me out the first time because all I could think was, "my poor baby had THIS in her ears all that time?" She got two within two months of her tube surgery and has not had a single ear infection since (it was a year on Halloween).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's yellowish or pinkish fluid when it comes out, and if it dries (like comes out in his sleep) it's a pale orange crust. We've had as many infections post-tubes as we did pre-tubes, but at least now the gunk has somewhere to drain!
  • Options
    ok it deffinatly seems like she might just have dried soap on her ear. I've been watching it all day and nothing has come out at all and it was not gunky at all.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"