Breastfeeding
Options

How to start EPing...

Any of you ladies you EP, could you please offer suggestions about moving to exclusively pumping?  I go back to work soon and I am thinking once I am pumping during the day, that my son may not want to nurse.  If I have a plan to move to EPing then I will be able to keep him drinking breastmilk longer.  Any suggestions would be great.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,wedding countdown

Re: How to start EPing...

• Options
    Why would your son not want to nurse?  Do you guys have nursing issues now?  I hate to pump but love to nurse.  Pumping is a huge commitment and sacrifice.  If your LO is nursing fine then I don't see why he would just stop nursing.  GL
  • Options

I EP and absolutely love it!  I have done it from day one so I do not have any suggestions on how to make the transition.  I just wanted to offer my support of EPing since there is a bit of opposition to it on here...even though it's the same thing as BFing.

Good luck!!  PM me if you have any questions about EPing once you've made the transition :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image*kms*:

I EP and absolutely love it!  I have done it from day one so I do not have any suggestions on how to make the transition.  I just wanted to offer my support of EPing since there is a bit of opposition to it on here...even though it's the same thing as BFing.

Good luck!!  PM me if you have any questions about EPing once you've made the transition :)

OMG.  This is me too.  I totally agree, so many ladies on here act like EP'ing is such a horrible thing but it really doesn't have to be.

Since With both LO's I EP'ed from the beginning I only have 2 suggestions.  The first is to make sure that you have a really good pump.  Your pump can definitely make a difference in how your experience pans out.  The second is to have some sort of hands free system.  I used an old sports bra and cut holes in it for the pump parts.

Good luck.

• Options

The first is to make sure that you have a really good pump.  Your pump can definitely make a difference in how your experience pans out.  The second is to have some sort of hands free system.  I used an old sports bra and cut holes in it for the pump parts.

I second this, but my advice is not to spend the money on the Medela Freestyle which is a hands free pump. It is really light and is hands free, but it is much more expensive than other pumps and it so much louder. I have the Medela Pump in Style -- its bigger than the freestyle, but not that heavy and much quieter. I just cut holes in a sportsbra to make it hands free. This is important because it makes it easier to do massage to release more milk, and also you can drink water, etc... 

I've been EP for about 2 weeks now -- BF was painful and it was causing me a lot of stress/resentment...  EP is very time consuming though.  If you can nurse in the morning and night and just pump at work, you would probably save yourself an hour or two....  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I still pump during the day and once before bed and my son nurses just fine.

I love to nurse, despise pumping but I keep it up for the sake of the baby.

I encourage you, if you and your son enjoy the special time of nursing, to keep it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"