Adoption
Options

Krygyzstan or Armenian adoption

Has anyone adopted from either country? I am researching any country in Eastern Europe and Asia and these both seem like they might be a good fit. I am a little worried about Armenia, as I have heard that they prefer or only allow adoptions to americans with Armenian heritage.

Thanks!

Re: Krygyzstan or Armenian adoption

• Options

I believe that Krygystan is either closed, closing or unstable.  The last I saw, Americans were being advised not to adopt from there.  Check the state department website to find out for sure.  I could be completely wrong.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think Kyrgyzstan has been closed for about a year now... The latest State Dept. update (which I saw yesterday on their site) was that the Kyrgyz Parliament extended the deadline for reports/recommendations from professionals about the country's adoption laws, and will hold another session in February to discuss changes to the law.

ETA:  https://adoption.state.gov/news/kyrgyzstan.html

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are doing a DA but came close to signing w/Hopscotch Adoptions (a smaller IA agency) for an Armenia adoption.

At no time were we given information about a preference for Americans w/Armenian descent.  The only "catch" was that Armenia focuses on the need for financial stability and there's a minimum yearly salary that adoptive parents must meet.  By SoCal standards, the minimum was very low but in other parts of the US where COL is lower, it might be harder to meet.

I highly recommend speaking with Robin Sizemore at Hopscotch.  I found her to be so pleasant and willing to go above and beyond for us as a potential client.  I have a unique medical history and she wanted to do the ground work ahead of us actually signing on to ensure that we'd have a successful journey.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"