Baby Names

Re: Woodrow/Woody?

• No.  I don't like it at all.  Woody is another word for boner, so I can't imagine calling a child that.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Don't do it.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Loading the player...
  • ha!  That's what I was afraid of even though I think the name is cute.
  • imagemchupie:
    No.  I don't like it at all.  Woody is another word for boner, so I can't imagine calling a child that.

this 

• I love it!!! But I'm a huge Woody Allen fan, so I guess I am biased. :) Plus, my BFF has an uncle named Woody that she lived with for a time, so the name always seemed "normal" to me (didn't make me think of boners, hehe).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagemchupie:
    No.  I don't like it at all.  Woody is another word for boner, so I can't imagine calling a child that.

LOL...I actually have a friend named Woody IRL and I have never connected his nn to that until you said this....now I'm gonna giggle every time I see him!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I kind of like it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Woody Hayes pulled it off and he was pretty bad as$.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That was actually my grandfather's name (Woodrow but went by Woody). I really would have loved to honor him, but I just couldn't do it. I did think about using Woodrow as a middle name. I don't think that would be nearly as bad as using it as a first name if it is a family name and  you really want to use it.
  • I think it is super cute.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • NEVER. ?The Woody thing would guarantee your child's middle school and high school years would suck. ?Maybe college years too.

No.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hate it. Sorry.
  • imagemlf625:

NEVER.  The Woody thing would guarantee your child's middle school and high school years would suck.  Maybe college years too.

No. 

Not necessarily.  I know 2 guys with nn Woody (both have last name Wood), one from h.s., the other from college.  Everyone was well aware of the "boner" reference, but both were popular, normal individuals and no one made fun of them at all. 

That said, I don't like the name myself.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"