Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Purchasing furniture from 2 different stores??

Has anyone purchased their LO's furniture from 2 different places? I like a crib at Babies R Us and a dresser from Wal-Mart. They both are "oak" but I'm a little worried about them not matching...If there is a slight difference I am ok with that but I am worried about it being way off. I've seen the crib in person but the dresser is online only.

Re: Purchasing furniture from 2 different stores??

• Options
    I did.  I purchased my crib from Babies r Us in Espresso/Cherry- Babi Italia Pinehurst.  Then I got my changing table/dresser combo from Pottery Barn Kids.  The PBK purchase was at the outlet and it was a phenomenal price.  I couldn't let it go.  It's color is also considered Espresso and I know it may be off by a little bit.  But I'm not concerned....  The styles match and the lines are the same- I think it'll work.
  • Options

i did - but the two pieces i ordered were from the same line of furniture so that doesn't really count.  is it possible to order one from the place that's less accessible (i.e. an online only store where you couldn't browse the merchandise in person) and then take a piece of the wood (drawer, support beam, etc) and bring it to the other store to compare the shades of wood stain directly?  that is really the only foolproof way to make sure the stains of the pieces match.

i think i'd be more willing to take that gamble with a white nursery set or an espresso one...  there's not quite as much variation in those colors as there is in the oak pieces.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did and it took a lot of work. I researched some of the lines and my crib & changing table are 2 different name brands but manufactured the same place. However, one brand calls the color cherry, the other espresso. Just took some time to figure out what might work. I'm so happy I did because I got everything just as I wanted it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"