Colorado Babies
Options

Uninsured and pregnant

I was recently laid off from my job and since my boyfriend and I are not yet married, I cannot get on his health insurance.  I am planning on applying for CHP+, but if anyone has any other suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Uninsured and pregnant

• Options

I ended up without health insurance when I moved to Colorado (I was 6 months pregnant). I was previously insured through Kaiser in California, but apparently Kaiser Colorado does not cover maternity when it is a private/individual plan. Since I was new to Colorado I was not sure if I would be able to get any assistance and I would have no way to get coverage due to the "pre-existing" condition. I decided to call about Medicaid anyway and they not only granted coverage but expedited my benefits since my scheduled appointment was coming up. I would highly suggest contacting the Medicaid office (it looks like you will go to the Arapahoe Office, I believe it is off Alameda). Also FYI in Colorado Medicaid is set-up primarily for pregnant women and children, basically due to economy and taxes we are the only ones being considered. Your child is also covered for up to 19 years I believe! The process of getting the coverage can be a bit of a pain, but the worst part is just sitting in the office with the 30 other people also waiting in line.... so plan on making a day out of your trips to the office since you never know how long it will take!

Best of Luck with the coverage and the baby!

• Options

Have your BF double check because I was able to add my SO before we were married as "domestic partner". If you've been living together for a while that might be a possibility. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegwen7:

Have your BF double check because I was able to add my SO before we were married as "domestic partner". If you've been living together for a while that might be a possibility. 

This, in Colorado if you have a bill (car loan, rent, etc) in both your names and present yourself as a married couple, it's considered common law marriage. I lost my job and was able to get on Cover Colorado. It does cost, but it was better than going without. https://www.covercolorado.org HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The Mountain Midwifery Center is probably the most inexpensive places to have a child, so if none of the other options for insurance work out or if you want a holistic midwifery model of care, you should check them out.  They have payment plans for those without insurance.  https://www.mountainmidwifery.com/

I had my second child there (with insurance) and it was a great experience.

The Big Sky Country Welcomes Us Home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"