Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ideas for a small bookshelf?

We got our furniture today and I am so excited!  The only thing is the nursery is small and most of the wall space is taken up by the crib, dresser or glider.  I want to install some sort of bookshelf or shelving unit on the limited amount of wall we have left.  Has anyone else found a small unit somewhere they can recommend?  I would also love to see pics if you have any.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ideas for a small bookshelf?

• I've seen floating wall shelves used as bookshelves. The first way I've seen this is like a traditional bookshelf and they used bookends. The second way I saw the books stacked behind one another (like the shelving on the left). When I saw this they used a regular floating wall shelf with a little bit of a lip. Hope you find something that works for you. Good Luck!

Ryan's Dr. Seuss Nursery using PB Kids bedding, Dr. Seuss nursery that uses Pottery Barn Kids Dr. Seuss bedding.  Primary colors are used in a muted tone - red, yellow, blue and green.  Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, Put me in the Zoo and Oh the Places you will go were the books to inspire this room.  , Nurseries Design

• Someone posted the other day the idea of those floating bookshelves- you can buy them from target.com - I ordered 2 of them.

Here is the link to them at Target.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just got one of the closetmaid cubicle systems from target.   They come in 2 wide x 3 high and 3 wide x 3 high.  You could either put those fabric drawers in them for toys or use them for books (or a combo of both!)  

We actually got an unofficial one that is for shoes or something, but it is 1 wide and almost 3 high.  So I have 2 fabric drawers for toys and 1 empty box that I put books in.

Lowe's has the same systems at the same price as target, but not as many color options.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"