North Carolina Babies
Options

Makeover!

The results arent in competely bc DH said he didnt like it....but honestly I think he just isnt used to it yet. It took me almost an hr to kind of like it.

I guess most of you have seen pics of me and I have natural curly hair that i have a love hate realtionship with. I have looked at straighteners my whole life but never had the nerve. Well I just want something diff. So I gave it a whirl.

Be honest....Im not worried about getting my feelings hurt really. If it looks like a$$ I really dont want to walk around like that you know.....So honestly WDYT?

Curly? This was about 4w pp, I was still rather round ;)

Straightened? No makeup....sorry and honestly it was my first time...so yeah I need some practice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Makeover!

• Options
    I like it!  And you look great!  Your face is soo thin!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and DH just said that I look like Im out of an 80's rock band! LOL! Tongue TiedStick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think it looks good! Its nice to change it up sometimes isn't it???

Coming from someone who also has naturally curly hair (not as curly as yours though) ?I can give you tips to make it a little smoother- Buy some of those silver hair clips that allow you to put hair in sections- this makes it alot easier- T

This is what i do- take small sections at a time, go over with the straightener so its smooth, then take a large barrel curling iron and curl that piece quickly. don't leave in long. THen pin each section up.

Doing this doesn't "curl it" but it gives it an overall smoother look and doesn't look so harsh and straight on the ends- haha your DH may not find it so 80s rock ; ) ?

afterwards i run a small dime size hair smoother through it, this helps set for all day long. I like john freidas dream cream or Redken smoother cream ?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think you could use a little finishing pommade or something to help smooth it out. I like it but it just needs something to make it look finished. I have wavy hair and straighten it every day. I dry it straight and then flat iron. Then finish with my Aveda pommade....just a TINY bit. Helps keep the whispys at bay.
  • Options
    WOW - what a change! I like it too. I also agree that a finishing/shining gel or spritz would help give it that extra ooomph!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options

You def. look different...but  I like it straightened too.!! I think they both look great...part of me feels like u look younger in the 2nd picture but it may be the thinner face and no makeup so who knows!! i saw you straighten it days you have the time to change it up a lil!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

First off, look at that skinny face!!!!!

Second, I think your hair straightened has the potential to be really pretty, but you need to keep working on it (oh, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, that sentence was really hard to write but it's my truthful opinion). I would try drying your hair in sections with a big flat brush first with some type of straightening/smoothing product. Then straighten it in sections & finish with some type of product. I would work really hard on your roots - that's where I can see the most un-straightness (if that makes any sense). Also, if the ends are a problem, you could quickly hit them with a big curling iron so it's not so straight/flat on the ends. Maybe try some of the other suggestions that the other ladies gave or talk to your hair stylist for some tips too. 

Of course I think your super curly hair is gorgeous! :)

• Options

Looks so cute!!! What kind of straightener did you use, though? I find that those make a difference in how straight/shiny is can be, too. Also - if you are considering keeping it that straight for awhile, I would maybe go for some (long) layers, and some sort of shampoo for curly-to-straight hair, stuff like that.

I love a change!!!

• Options

I agree with backthepack. Except that I would try to use a large round brush and blowdryer first (rather than flat brush), doing that in sections. Then just straighten with a flat iron in the sections you need (or all over if you need it). That's what I do and I have naturally curly hair. Seems to keep the volume but not make it look flat or too big and fuzzy. Just keep practicing!!

• Options
    I like you with straight hair! ?Use pp's tips and practice, practice, practice. ?Maybe go to a salon and let them blow your hair out and straighten it. ?If you don't wash your hair everyday, you could make it last a couple of days with just touch-ups.
  • Options
    imagekac831:

I think it looks good! Its nice to change it up sometimes isn't it?? 

Coming from someone who also has naturally curly hair (not as curly as yours though)  I can give you tips to make it a little smoother- Buy some of those silver hair clips that allow you to put hair in sections- this makes it alot easier- T

This is what i do- take small sections at a time, go over with the straightener so its smooth, then take a large barrel curling iron and curl that piece quickly. don't leave in long. THen pin each section up.

Doing this doesn't "curl it" but it gives it an overall smoother look and doesn't look so harsh and straight on the ends- haha your DH may not find it so 80s rock ; )  

afterwards i run a small dime size hair smoother through it, this helps set for all day long. I like john freidas dream cream or Redken smoother cream  

I like it!  I think you should try this too.  I have lightly wavy hair, and I blow it straight with the magic brush (slhall can tell you all about it!) and then I use a large barrel curling iron to smooth and to curl the ends under a bit.

• Options
    I think I like it! I don't have any tips for you, but it sounds like you've gotten some great advice from the others. I think with a little more practice it will look really good, and hopefully Tim will warm up to it too. Oh, and if you're interested in trying the magic brush speed mentioned, I have one you can HAVE. I bought one and never used it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

magic brush, oh how I love thee!

Looks good - I  agree with all the other suggestions :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"