Pennsylvania Babies

Its been a while, and I need some advice (Long)

Hey Ladies-

Well, it is official, we are now west coasters.  We have been out in San Francisco for a week now.  Life is crazy.  I miss Lancaster so much, and espeically our families and friends.  Its tough out here, but I know as we are here more and more, it will get easier.  We live pretty close (walking distance) to two playgrounds, and I've connected with a few moms.  Here is our newest dilema.  When Hannah was born, our well behaved little boy became a little terror.  well, we managed that, and he was back to behaving.  Now, we have moved across the country and now the little terror is back!  On at least a twice daily basis, he will have tantrums where he kicks, tries to hit, throws toys, pushes his plate off the table, won't stop screaming and flipping out kinda tantrums.  We have used various forms of "time out" and what not, and nothing that had worked before has seemed to be working now.  He is 22 months old, and we are trying to be understanding to him needing to adjust, but it is getting ridiculous.  Normally he only gets his pacifier while in the crib for a nap and bedtime, then it gets taken out after he falls asleep.  Now, the kid freaks out and won't give it to us after waking up, and if i take it out, he wakes up and screams.  For my sanity I have been leaving it in there....He seems to really swing from one extreme to another.  One minute hes totally fine, the next, look out!  He was sick right before we moved with a diarrhea thing for like 6 days and had a pretty bad rash, now he flips out during diaper changes, kicks, screams, even though now he is all healed up.  Tonight my DH and I watched him get upset because he wanted his strawberries whole rather than cut up (but he choked on one earlier today whole) and tried to throw his plate off the table, which then proceeded with him trying to push and hit me.  Its completely uncharacteristic of him, and we are so lost at what to do.  We need some advice.  I'm hoping that part of it is the move nad once we get some friends and get some play mates for him, things will get a bit better, but seriously, i want to put a hot needle through my eye at times because that seems like it would be more enjoyable than him.  I love my son, but something really needs to change.  Help!

Re: Its been a while, and I need some advice (Long)

• I really don't have any advice for you. While I sometimes deal with a terror, I think it's more his personality than dealing with big changes like Eli is. I would suggest posting this on the 12-24 and 24+ boards because you might get more responses with a bigger pool of people who have recently had babies.

But I wanted to say that I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm sure the move and having a newborn have been hard enough without dealing wtih behavior issues as well.

I hope you're enjoying San Francisco and I'm totally jealous that you get to live there. I fell in love with that area two years ago when we went there and I'd love to get back someday. And did you manage to get in contact with my friend Trish and little Lucas?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"