Working Moms
Options

Daycare teacher presents

I am sorry if this question is played out but what are your plans for a Christmas gift for your LO's daycare teachers, nanny, etc? DD has 4 teachers so I really don't want to spend too much or go the giftcard route. I was thinking of baking something but would love if anyone had a different idea.

Re: Daycare teacher presents

• Options
    You could donate books or a toy to the room.
  • Options

imageMcLovinfromHawaii:
    You could donate books or a toy to the room.

I don't really see that as a gift for the teacher. 

We're going to stick with gift cards, since I know that's what they appreciate the most.  With four teachers, you don't have to spend too much.  Maybe $10 or $20 each is fine if that's all that's in your budget.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have two teachers, so we are going the gift card route as well. Last year when DS was in a center and there were lots of teachers we just bought for the two head teachers. I also made cookies for the teachers this year for Thanksgiving and plan on making them something around Christmas time as well.
  • Options

gift cards and a nice card.  

i am a teacher and often dont eat baked goods given to me by parents, especially during the flu season.  :( 

• Options

i used to be a teacher and can say gift cards are most appreciated - even if just $5.  You can only deal with so much candy/cookies, etc.... esp if you are trying not to get fat- it can get annoying almost.

i LOVED gift cards - they helped me buy something fun for myself that i wanted/needed, instead of having another thing i didn't need or more candy i didn't need to eat :)

Griffin has 3 teachers and the twins have a LOT of teachers - i'm still doing gift cards- the main teachers will get $20 target cards and the helper teachers we'll give $5 duncan donut cards - just a small thanks.... we can't afford anything more than that.

• Options

Echoing the PP...

Our teachers filled out a like and dislike form last year.  Lots of them listed gift cards to various stores (target, gap, etc.) and all of them specifically said no to baked goods and chocolate.  I did gap gift cards and lip balm for our two main teachers and then 10 dollar gift cards to dunkin donuts for our "floaters" and directors (8 people).  I did spend quite a bit but I think they were worth it.

Also, FWIW, I have given thank you gifts when DS moved up and they have included good quality fun socks (smartwool), good travel cups, and reusable collapsible bags and they all seemed to be well received.

• Options
    I also want to add that what we've done is to provide individual gift cards for my son's primary teachers and then a gift card to the school (to a local bakery) as a whole for a treat for the entire staff whenever they want to do it.
  • Options

I get my DCP a giftcard to Target, but that's b/c she says it's her favorite kind of gift, lol. My friend got her a nice ceramic bowl with a big bag of M&M's last year. She always has M&M's for the kids.

• Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

i used to be a teacher and can say gift cards are most appreciated - even if just $5.  You can only deal with so much candy/cookies, etc.... esp if you are trying not to get fat- it can get annoying almost.

i LOVED gift cards - they helped me buy something fun for myself that i wanted/needed, instead of having another thing i didn't need or more candy i didn't need to eat :)

All of the teachers I have talked to have said this same thing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We can't bring homemade food into our center due to allergies so I would check the policy at your center before you bake. Each of my kids has 2 teachers plus the floater teachers and I ahve always done a group gift.  This year I bought a huge popcorn bucket thing for my older DD's room and will get candy of some sort for the other.  My center used to do a group gift - eveyrone gave what they could but you didn't have to and the money went towards a holiday party and gift cards for the staff.  They didn't do it last year and I have not heard anything this year either.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    Each of my kids has two teachers. I'm giving each teacher a $25 gift card to Target and a tin of my famous fudge and other goodies. I think I'm going to give tins of treats to my DD's last two teachers (she just moved at the beginning of November). I'm going to give a $10 gift certificate to my DD's favorite teacher that floats around and DD was VERY attached to her. She took extra special care of O.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"