High-Risk Pregnancy

Elijah is home!

Just a quick note to let all of you know that Elijah and I came home from the hospital today, on Thanksgiving, as planned.  Eli has lost about 10% of his body weight despite nursing nearly every 1/2 hour yesterday (oh my gosh, MY NIPPLES ARE KILLING ME!!!), so we are now using a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) until my milk comes in.  Apparently this is quite common with big babies.  I was hesitant at first, but the little guy just wasn't satisfied at all.  We did the SNS and Eli slept 5 1/2 hours last night!  Good grief! 

Anyways, I am positively exhausted but in love.  I'll have to post more pictures later.  Just wanted let everyone know that things are going well and we're home!  

Re: Elijah is home!

• Welcome home - I am glad you and baby are doing well. Now get some rest when you can!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Carlyn, glad you are home!!!  Rest rest rest!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the birth of your son! all I can say is wow! The 23rd was my Birthday to.. Best Wishes to you and your family!!
  • Congrats Carlyn!  I'm so glad you two got to come home for Thanksgiving!  I'm sure it was a wonderful one!!  Can't wait for some pics of your darling boy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"