Adoption
Options

Agency willing to work with a gay couple?

I'm posting for my SIL because she and her partner are looking to adopt. Any information that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. They live in Florida if that makes a difference. Willing to consider all options. Thank you for your time.

Re: Agency willing to work with a gay couple?

• Options

At my agency in CA, hubby and I were in the minority being a straight couple.  At our first orientation meeting, they made it very clear they had zero issues with gay couples.  And this is a semi religious place!

• Options
    Could you email or private message me the name of the agency?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The state of Florida will not allow any gay couple to adopt and does not recognize adoptions done in other states within the state.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bethany Christian Services does same sex adoptions. They treat it as a single parent adopting a child. I was on a panel once with a couple that did that through them.
  • Options
    imagefredalina:
    imagecymru:

The state of Florida will not allow any gay couple to adopt and does not recognize adoptions done in other states within the state.

~Kennedy

i thought the ban was ruled unconstitutional last year?

In many states, only one parent can adopt in a same sex situation.  Not sure if that works.

It was, but it's on appeal right now, and I don't think the appellate court has issued its decision yet.  This YouTube clip is available online from the ACLU, who is counsel for the plaintiff:  https://www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights/florida-dad-martin-gill-still-waiting-court-decide-adoption-ban

• Options
    My sister and her partner have been foster parents for two years and are at a point where  their foster son who they have had for about 9 months now may be coming up for adoption.  They live in VA and have been welcomed into the foster care system ad possibilities for adoption.  I am not ure about the laws and regulations in FL, but maybe foster care adoption would be worth looking into. Good Luck to your sister.  I would just like to add that I think it is horrible that these adoption agencies are so concerned with the sex of the parents and not the love and care they are so eager to share with a child in need!!!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"