Louisiana Babies
Options

H1N1 shot?

Is anyone planning on getting this? My ob/gyn told me to get it. Everything I've read suggests I should (I work with children and pregnant) but my husband and mother-in-law are uncomfortable and keep telling me all of the bad things about it and sending me links to articles against it, etc.. Has anyone gotten it yet? I'm kinda nervous about it now.

Re: H1N1 shot?

• Options

I am usually on the BR Nest board but I lurk over here occasionally.

I am getting the H1N1 at the recommendation of my OB.  I've also heard about the risks and what not but I think that it's really important to not only be informed but also to be able to trust your doctor when it comes to things like this.  I really trust her and her opinion so if she recommends me getting it, then I will.  I got the regular flu shot back in Oct and I'll be getting the H1N1 this coming week.

Just my two cents.  Hope that helps.  =)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I got it about two weeks ago and everything is still going fine for me.  I PASSED out the night that I had gotten the shot and that was really the only side effect that I had.  I was nervous about it too since I know that the vaccine injects a little bit of the virus too, and since I was about 6 weeks pregnant then, I was worried that any toxins coming in my body would hurt the baby or cause me to miscarry.  As of right now, everything is still okay.  I trust my doctor, so I did it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went ahead and got the shot Friday. So far so good! Just a majorly sore shoulder for the next two days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"