North Dakota Babies
Options

Stupid vent: Sarcasm

Sorry, but I have no tolerance for people who can't handle sarcasm and take EVERYTHING in life so seriously. I'm a pretty sarcastic and witty gal...so this bugs me.

Jordan put an FB update saying something along the lines of "Damn fire trucks! Don't they know my daughter is taking a nap?" Obviously (to me anyway), this is meant sarcastically. Someone then commented going on about how when if we ever need a fire truck or ambulance for our daughter then we'll feel differently about them.

This really rubbed me wrong. DUH we *need* fire trucks and ambulances. It was a SARCASTIC comment. You just can't say anything anymore without it being taken the wrong way or turned around on you. It's just annoying. People need to learn to lighten up a little.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl

Re: Stupid vent: Sarcasm

• Options
    It's so hard to convey tone sometimes on FB.  But I totally hear what you're saying...some people are just too serious :)
  • Options
    WOW!  Someone took that seriously?  I think people take fb and status updates too seriously.  That would have rubbed me the wrong way too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    um, i think to any normal person, that would obviously be sarcasm.  what an f-tard.
  • Options

I would DEFINITELY take that as sarcasm! Unwind yourselves, people!

On the other side, when I was in HS, there was a huge plant in town that burned to the ground. It was completely devastating for the town and it just would not go out, just kept on burning. It was so sad. Our local newspaper always had the "police blotter" in it, which of course I always read. A lady called 911 5 TIMES to ask them to stop having sirens go off because her daughter was napping. And then wrote a letter to the editor about how the trucks/town sirens should be silent.

Ummmmm....yeah....SHE was not being sarcastic. She was petitioning the town to get SILENT sirens...?!?

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageWendells:
    um, i think to any normal person, that would obviously be sarcasm.  what an f-tard.

This. 

f-tard is hilarious!

• Options

I HATE that!  It's a pet peeve of mine, too.  A friend of mine actually just got cut off financially from her parents because she put up a quote from Texts From Last Night and her cousin saw it and showed it to her parents who thought she was being serious.  Even when she tried to explain they didn't believe her.  It's crazy how people take things like FB updates and stuff and think they're all serious.

I know it's hard to tell sarcasm online, but I can usually tell the difference when someone is being serious and someone is being sarcastic.

• Options
    Unbelievable!  People need to get their panties out of their arse and live a little!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"