North Carolina Babies
Options

If you're hourly, question fer ya...

The big boss stopped by and told all of us [i'm the only hourly of the group] to leave "a couple of hours early".
A. What does "a couple of hours" equal?
B. What do I put on my timecard? Do I put 3pm if I leave then or do I put 5pm because that's usually how late I work?

TIA!!!

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

Re: If you're hourly, question fer ya...

• Options
    I'm not hourly anymore, but I would just straight up ask what time he wants you to sign out.  That will answer both your questions I think.  Hopefully his answer will be something like, "go ahead and go at 3, but you can write in till 5".

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd leave at 3, and I would put 3 on my time card.  If the boss chooses to change that later, then thats his business, but I feel like you're supposed to record actual hours on the time card.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got an email from bossman saying we could leave at 4 and HR would adjust accordingly....
  • Options
    I was not considered hourly but we had to do a write up of our time for the week and what we did (annoying) and when they would let us go early we would always write the time we left. But then in another section put "let go early" or whatever so they wouldn't take any PTO hours away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd just ask the boss and see what he says.  I hate it when bosses don't explain themselves and leave you guessing!
  • Options

imagemrsmikey:
    I'm not hourly anymore, but I would just straight up ask what time he wants you to sign out.  That will answer both your questions I think.  Hopefully his answer will be something like, "go ahead and go at 3, but you can write in till 5".

This!

• Options

I would fill out the timecard with the time I left and if they want to pay you for the other hours, it is their perogative.

?

• Options
    imageEvans:

I would fill out the timecard with the time I left and if they want to pay you for the other hours, it is their perogative.

They won't adjust it though. Sigh, I'll ask. I just hate doing that stuff.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"