Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Walmart diaper exchange rules?

Hi again bumpies,

FI had a diaper shower while we were expecting, and we have quite the dilemma. The good news is we have never had to buy diapers, and probably won't until February or March. The bad news is I think I will have about 3 mega cases of size 2 and DS is almost ready for size 3's already...

Someone had mentioned before that Walmart will let us exchange just sizes - but will they do this with no receipts? We aren't sure that's where they were bought but Babies R Us has a different barcode on their diapers apparently and Walmart will let you do it regardless...

Any insight on this topic? 

Re: Walmart diaper exchange rules?

• As long as Walmart carries them, you can return them for store credit, no receipt necessary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, they will let you exchange without a receipt. I have done it twice and need to do it again. Target was amazingly good about it as well and they give back store credit.

• Loading the player...
  • If Walmart sells it, you can exchange it.  When you go in the door the greeter will scan your items.  If they scan and a price comes up, the store will take them back.  They'll print you out a label with the price it scanned on it and you'll go to customer service to return them.  I believe they give you the money back on a gift card.  I also believe the barcode is from the manufacturer, not the store.

Walmart doesn't sell some types of diapers (Pampers Ultra and Premium Absorbency Cruisers in size 3, for example), but hopefully they'll sell what you're needing to exchange. 

I HAVE CHILDREN.
  • yes, we exchanged diapers at walmart--opened with no receipt. no problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewar_eagle:
    As long as Walmart carries them, you can return them for store credit, no receipt necessary!

This.  They actually gave me cash for mine with no receipt (not a gift card), I was surprised.

ETA:  There is often multiple UPC's on the same product...even at the same store.

• imagegrinsandgiggles:

imagewar_eagle:
    As long as Walmart carries them, you can return them for store credit, no receipt necessary!

This.  They actually gave me cash for mine with no receipt (not a gift card), I was surprised.

ETA:  There is often multiple UPC's on the same product...even at the same store.

I have found that depending on the store and the person working, you will get either store credit or just an exchange. The first time I went in, they gave me credit back on a gift card. The second time (same store, different worker) they would only let me exchange for other diapers. 

• Woohoo! If I can exchange the cases of size 2's I might not have to buy diapers until DS is at least a year old! Awesome! Thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"