Single Parents
Options

Christmas advice

This year I am not planning on really doing anything for Christmas, I live by myself, my baby isn't born yet and my family is all in Colorado while I am in Georgia. I want to save my leave days for after the baby is born, and so I requested to work the holidays. I also don't have much money and any extra money I end up with I set aside for the future when I will have more expenses (diapers, day care ect.) so here is my dillema. I don't expect or really want any presents from family this year, especially since I feel like I can't afford to give presents. But I am worried that it might come off as rude for me to just not do anything for my family especially if they send me gifts (I know my parents and my grandparents are going to) So does anyone have any gift suggestions that would work? I have been trying to think of ideas but thought that the ladies here might have some good suggestions.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas advice

• Options

Hmm......make copies of the most recent sonogram pic and put them in nice frames.  You can get pretty frames at Ross and Marshalls on the cheap.

You can also call them.  When I was in the military and deployed during the holidays I didn't have time to send gifts, but I did have a chance to call my family for Christmas.  They all thought that phone call was better than any gift I could have given them.  So, maybe just a phone call with an update about the baby is all they need.  

Sorry you are so far from your family.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday. 

• Options
    The pp has good ideas, and even if you were able to just send a card or something with a sonogram pic in it, that would be nice also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Something really cute would be to grab some cheap ornaments from the dollar store and modge podge photo copied ultrasound pics on them and on the other side your name, the babires and 2009. Just a thought! Good Luck!
    Beautifully Blended is our family. www.karpusboscarello.com Pregnancy Ticker image BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    i would send them cards and assume they would understand your situation. i am not buying gifts either. it is going to be very hard to get through the holidays this year for many of us i see. good luck ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"