Health & Exercise
Options

I need a swift kick in my giant, dimpled rear end

So, I had a c-section (#2) on Oct 30 and I overdid it on a walk, plus caring for a toddler, and have some would seperation and a minor infection. ?I have 2 more days of antibiotics, but my abdomen is still pudgy and actually hurts. ?

First question - to those who have had 2 c-sections, is this normal?

Second question - my doctor says it is ok to exercise (no running, but can do eliptical), but I am scared that it still hurts and I will over-do it again and make things worse. ?I am trying to heal, but am currently HATING my body. ?What do you think I can do? ?Is the stage 1 of 30 day shred OK?

Third question- what is your motivation for exercise and how are you all avoiding just being depressed? ?It was summer for my last baby, so walks and exercise were easy. ?Now it is winter and I am just not feeling like exercising. ?Granted, it has only been 3 weeks, but I feel like I have more to work off this time since I was on bed rest for so long. ?

?

Any advice or work outs appreciated! ?I am loathing my carbohydrate loving husband, too. ?He cooks and I feel like my options are only pasta. ?:(

Thanks,

KappaGirl ATL?

Re: I need a swift kick in my giant, dimpled rear end

• Options

i just had my first baby and c-section in june so i can't answer your questions about it being #2.

but i just wanted to say you have to give yourself a break! you are just a few weeks in.  i feel very similarly to so much of what you posted, but i'm almost 6 months pp so i really should be getting my act in gear. you are still recovering so PLEASE take it easy on yourself! i know you feel yucky now but just focus on your kids and recovering and you'll get back into the swing of things soon enough. good luck!

diagnosed with stage IV endo via lap surgery IVF #1 - 27 eggs! 14 fertilized (3 natural, 11 ICSI) 5dt of A embryo, froze 6 BFP on 9/28! Baby K born via surprise c-section after 15 hrs of labor and he is perfect!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

frozen transfer a success! boy #2 via VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did not have a c-section so I'm no help there. I've been doing the 30 day shred a couple times a week though and can tell you that no, you cannot (or should not) do even level 1 at this point. I'm in pretty decent shape and haven't made it past level 1. It's still a difficult workout. As difficult as it is, please be patient with yourself. Let your body heal and then you can really kick it in high gear. If you try to do too much too soon you may just set yourself back. Hang in there. It'll be worth the wait.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi - well let me say I know exactly how you feel. I had my 2nd c-section on Oct 15th and am surprised how much longer the recovery/weight loss is. I  had my first baby in April, so like you I had all summer to walk/run and get back in shape. Having our son in October stinks b/c I can't go for walks or get outside to exercise and it is such a chore getting both kids to the gym in the morning. I live in Ohio so it is freezing. My body also looks/ feels alot worse. It is depressing. I had my 6 week appt and I still have 14 lbs to lose...I've only lost 11, which doesn't make sense considering I'm breastfeeding and the baby was 7 lbs. Ugh....I feel like its going to take forever this time around.
  • Options
    Hi- please give your body time to heal.  I went running 6w pp (natural birth) and I caused injuries to myself that took forever to heal!  And thus, prolonged getting back into shape.  This time around I will not make the same mistake.  Listen to your  body, it will tell you when you are ready for work.  Just start with short walks on the treadmill.  When that doesn't hurt try something more.
  • Options

Wow I think you are really pushing it being only 3 weeks out from a C-section. Now, I did not have a C-section, but I did not even attempt or was allowed to attempt to do any exercing (especially any ab work - which is part of every level of the 30DS) until I was 6 weeks pp from my vaginal birth.

You have to remember it takes 9 months to put this weight on and it will take some time to get it back off. I gained 45lbs. during my twin pregnancy and that was on the low end (average weight gain is 45-55 lbs with twins) and it took me 9 months to get all the weight off. After that I lost the 10lbs. I was overweight when I got pregnant and in the last month had lost an additional 5 lbs. So I am now almost 17 months PP and have lost all the weight and I am very happy with this. Now I am working on toning and strengthing muscles.

My point is you don't have to lose all your baby weight in a month PP. Take some time for yourself and ease back into things. I know it is hard because you feel like it has been so long since you have been able to do any exercising, but if you push your body too hard too fast you will injure yourself. I would wait until after your 6 week PP visit and are given the all clear for everything and then start the 30DS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"