D.C. Area Babies
Options

Those with a nanny...

would you mind sharing how much you pay your nanny?  I may be getting a job and am looking into childcare options.  I know nannies cost more than daycare and that you have to worry about taxes, benefits, etc., but with two kids under two I would much rather have someone come here than try and get the kids out the door and to work on time.  I'm sure the amount varies widely but I'm just trying to get a sense of whether it is way out of our budget or possible do-able.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with a nanny...

• Options
    For a professional nanny, I would expect to pay around $17 to $19.  We save a little money by having a SAHM watch our children with her own child in tow.  It saves us money along the lines of a nanny share, so we pay about $13 an hour.
  • Options
    I don't have a nanny, but just wanted to encourage you that getting two out the door in the morning and getting yourself to work is not the easiest thing in the world, but it's doable.  If you find that a nanny is too $$, just wanted to give you a morale boost - getting two to daycare can be done!!  Smile
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"