D.C. Area Babies
Options

Inova Fairfax Question

So, I'm reading through my preregistration paperwork from my OBGYN and see language to the extent of "we offer a limited number of private rooms for an additional fee that you can request upon check in"  

Really?  

Anyone know more about this by chance?  

Thanks  :-) 

Re: Inova Fairfax Question

• Options
    Your chance of getting a private room if you want one is very high.  I don't think I've heard of anyone not getting one.  The cost is $100/day, but it is totally worth it.  You don't have to share a bathroom with someone else in a private room and your DH can spend the night with you too.  In a shared room he can not spend the night.  That was what convinced me that the cost was worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

imageNowDNAtoo:
    Your chance of getting a private room if you want one is very high.  I don't think I've heard of anyone not getting one.  The cost is $100/day, but it is totally worth it.  You don't have to share a bathroom with someone else in a private room and your DH can spend the night with you too.  In a shared room he can not spend the night.  That was what convinced me that the cost was worth it.

This all day! Worth the extra money for sure!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!

I just cannot imagine sharing a room with someone after giving birth.  Just seems logistically daunting and totally odd.  

Hm.  Food for thought.  $100 a day for post C section stay could be pricey.  Innova Loudoun has all private rooms.  My doc only works at fairfax.  Good grief.  

Thanks again!   

• Options
    I was freaked out about this too... but got one with no problem.  Plus it was a super busy full moon weekend (I was actually on the waitlist for induction...)
  • Options

Thanks - this is making me feel much better!

I am doing a scheduled C section this time so I guess if I show up and they can't give me a private room then I'll come back the next day.  Ha.  

In all honestly its not like I have any animosity towards a roommate but I'm thinking back to after DD was born and (warning: TMI) how they had to measure my urine output for 12 hours and have zero desire to share that with another person.  Plus, I'd like my baby to room with me and can't imagine doing that with another person and another baby!  Sounds less than restful!  

• Options
    The private room was worth it.  If only because you only had one set of interruptions to your sleep.  DD stayed in room (babies are NOISY!) and the nurses were in and out all night between the two of us (I delivered at 9:30pm).  I slept so little.  I would have been really impatient if someone else was the reason I couldn't sleep.  Birthing is tiring work.  I sent DH home so at least one of us would be rested.
  • Options
    imagesesame47:

I am doing a scheduled C section this time so I guess if I show up and they can't give me a private room then I'll come back the next day.  Ha.  

I had #1 there during the 2007 baby boom and there were plenty of rooms, I was there for 8 days. I had #2 there at Christmas and it was DEAD! I am sure you were joking about coming back the next day but they do not assign you a PP room until the baby is born. Ours did not get assinged until I was in recovery both times. I had 2 c-sections there.

• Options

so, did you have to pay $100 per day for an 8 day stay?  

this seems rather spendy.  

it just seems so odd that they don't have all private rooms.  guess i never thought about this!  

• Options

its one of the older hospitals, so i think that is why they dont have all private and they also deliver the most babies out of all the others, so they need all the beds. 

and it was totally worth my extra 100 bucks a nite two weeks ago!  i cant imagine spending that time in pain with someone else!  

• Options
    I posed this question about 2 months ago myself!  We decided to do the private room.  Since we are delivering during the flu season, we will be there 2 nights max and figured it was worth it.  We are also doing a c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks!  this has been super helpful!  i guess when i had DD in baltimore (GBMC) i didn't realize that we were spoiled with all private rooms.  at least i'm learning about this way ahead of time and can just set money aside.  

with dd i'd planned on going totally natural and wound up with a C.  this time with the planned C i just can't imagine not having some privacy for recovery.  although, we are new to the area and a roommate is a an easy way to meet people.  haha.  ahhh. yeah.   

• Options

imagezeptattoo:
    I posed this question about 2 months ago myself!  We decided to do the private room.  Since we are delivering during the flu season, we will be there 2 nights max and figured it was worth it.  We are also doing a c-section.

How do you figure 2 nights max with a c-section? The SOONEST they would relase me with either uncomplicated section was 3 nights but you can stay 4.

To the OP, we only paid for 4 nights each time. With #1 I was in L&D for 4 days and in PP for 4 days but they had me in a PP room while I was on BR the first 4 days.

• Options
    Maybe I just got lucky, but I requested a private room at Fairfax & ended up not paying extra. I was billed for it, but when I called insurance to question a few things, they ended up calling the hospital & having them remove the extra $400 (I had a C and stayed 4 nights). According to insurance, the hospital verified that the private rooms were the only rooms available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"