D.C. Area Babies
Options

**Bi-Weekly Update** - 11/23/09

How are everyone's little ones doing? Also, how are the pregnant ladies? Is anyone due in December?

As an added question, what are you looking forward to most about Thanksgiving?

Also, for those that want to participate, let's do a Thanksgiving Pictures Post next Monday to show pictures of our LO's at Thanksgiving.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **Bi-Weekly Update** - 11/23/09

• Options

DD is doing very well. I just had to go buy 9 month clothes for her because she is so big. We just started solids and she gobbles them up. It cracks me up how wide she opens her mouth for each bite. She is getting more and more interactive and she is experimenting with her gross motor skills. She now can do a "high five" and she likes to turn the pages of the book (with a little help from mom of course). But the most rewarding milestone is she now says "da da". She has no idea what it means but this morning, she woke up in her crib and I hear her going, "da da da da da."

The most exciting thing for me lately is that I just bought a DSLR camera. Warning - don't go on the Bump Photography board unless you want to convince yourself that you need a really expensive camera and that you are somehow going to take professional looking photos with it. Needless to say, it's my new toy and I'm trying to learn how to use it so I can take better pictures of my little girl.

Oh, and as far as Thanksgiving goes, I just can't wait to spend time with family. My step-brother has 6 kids (ages 10 and under) and they haven't met DD yet so it will be fun for all of them to be together.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD #1 is great.  The owner/director of her preschool told me the other day that she can't believe DD is not three years old yet because her vocabulary is so amazing.  I have to tell you - that felt really good.  I mean, of course friends and relatives tell you how cute/smart your kid is, and of course you think your kid is the smartest kid the world, but it feels good to have a third party tell you. 

DD #2, like her sister when she was a baby, is very low maintenence, easy going, and a smiley baby.  She's crawling like crazy, and pulling up, and has three teeth.

My revelation of the week is that I was so worried when I got pg with #2 that we wouldn't have time/energy to love and play with #1 as much.  (From what I understand, this is a typical feeling moms get when they expand their family past the first child)... but it turns out that really #2 is the one who I think gets the short end of the stick.  #1 is a preschooler, and walks and talks and dances and sings and throw tantrums and can too easily take our attention away from #2.  #2 just sits there and smiles and plays by herself and goes with the flow.  It breaks my heart some days, it's like she's saying "you guys go ahead, deal with that noisy girl over there, I'll just be here playing and smiling, don't worry about me."  I can't wait to take time off around Christmas and spend a ton of time with the baby - she won't be a baby much longer!!!!!  Crying

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, and Thanksgiving - I'm looking forward to hosting it - just my parents and my BIL - low key, lots of food. 

vtkendra - have fun with that camera!!!!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

Not much new here, DD loves music and demands we have it on all the time. We are still having major issues with meal times and she still does not STTN every night. She loves blueberries however and calls them "boobies" - it's the cutest thing!

DH finally ordered a car seat and I'm so looking FWD to sharing the drop-off and pick up duties!

As has become tradition, we are hosting Thanksgiving, it'll be us, my parents, MIL and BIL. And then we have a 4-day weekend! (last year our co. is giving us the Friday off).

I look FWD to seeing everyone's LO's turkey day pix!

• Options

We're all sick with colds, but I am finally feeling better today.  Still coughing but it doesn't hurt like it was, just that annoying tickle in the throat you can't get rid of of.  The girls mainly just had runny noses so I think I had it the worst, plus I get the least sleep of all of us so maybe that contributed.  I am hoping we are all finally back up to healthy by Thanksgiving. 

DD#2 is teething, but luckily it isn't too bad.  She might wake up with a small wail and if I get the pacifier in before she starts crying in earnest she just sighs herself back to sleep - it is ridiculously cute, especially when her head rests back down on her hand.  She is starting to like standing more and we are working on those trunk muscle to get her to sit up.  She is over 20lbs now so I think it must just be hard to keep all that weight up :-)  I thought Maggie was big around this age but Molly is putting her to shame in the weight gain dept. 

Kind of like artslvr I feel more for #2 that she doesn't get the attention that #1 got.  With Maggie we always thought she was doing so much, but now we look at Molly and wonder when will she sit up/pull up/crawl?  But it is also nice to not stress over when those things will happen (I stressed a little more over milestones with Maggie and especially over her sleep habits) and just enjoy her baby-ness.  I may be more stressed in general with 2 little ones, but I definitely stress less over Molly's sleeping/eating/milestones.  I know they will eventually happen and everything that is driving me nuts or depriving me of sleep right now will pass, which is nice because my personality tends more towards controlling and stressing about plans.

For Maggie, no progress on the potty training front but we haven't hit it hard yet.  I was going to over Thanksgiving since we would have the time to devote to it, but then everyone who said they weren't coming decided to come, so now we have we go from 3 adults/2 kids to 5 adults/2kids/one dog (not happy about that since the dog is not small child friendly) on Wednesday morning and then Friday morning we up it to 7 adults/3kids/one dog (grrrrr) until Monday morning when they all go home.  Also it is all DH's family.

I am thankful that we will get to see the family, it is just cooking for them that has me stressed and the dog is just another stressor with all 3 kids here.  I am also very excited to see our new nephew.  I only got to hold him at the hospital for about 5 minutes after he was born and we haven't seen him since (2.5 mo old).  Maggie is excited to finally meet Baby Jake too since I show her his pictures and she loves babies.

• Options

DD turned 8 months yesterday and she is doing great. She is crawling (but when she wants to get to something quickly- her army crawl is still much quicker) and she is getting into everything. We are in the process of baby proofing as fast as we can :-) Food wise she still love veggies, is not a fan of the fruits and just last week she started to like oatmeal. We are trying some of the puffs and yogurt melts but she is not that interested.

She is making a lot more sounds and will scream 'dadadadadada' in the morning. I told DH that since she is obviously talking to him- he should be the one that gets up at 6:30 with her on the weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey there -

DS is doing ok. He woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and was really cranky last night, up 4 times = one tired momma, beyond that all is good!

I'm really looking forward to not cooking on TG. We are going to my second cousin's house so I welcome the change.

• Options

C is such a sweetheart during the day now, I can't believe it. He is just so smiley and giggly and fun. He melts my heart.

At night, however, is a different story. He has been sleeping inconsistently ever since daylight savings and it is maddening. He will have one or two "normal" nights (with a 2am ish feeding) and then the next night be up multiple times for no apparent reason. We can't seem to tie it to naps or bedtime - it seems like a totally random pattern. My only thought is that because he's becoming so social during the day, he wakes up missing the interaction. He woke up at 4am this morning and wasn't interested in eating, so I checked his diaper. As soon as I put him on the changing table, I could see his little smile beaming up at me in the dark. Such a stinker!

We're not doing much for T-giving, so I'm mostly looking forward to food & wine!

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We're doing well, although still living in our basement due to bathroom renovations. We're really hoping we can move back into the house in the next couple of weeks. We're all going stir crazy. Due to these delays, we aren't having Thanksgiving at our house and instead are going to the IL's.

We are finally done with ear infections but it looks like DD has gotten a new cold which is likely to turn into another ear infection. We're trying a dairy-free life for her, but so far it hasn't seem to make any improvement, so we are likely to go back to her old diet.

All DD wants to do is pull up on stuff. She also "talks" a ton. With work being so overwhelming right now, I just live for my time with her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This is my first time checking in... It's cool to read your updates on your older babies and see what we have ahead for us.  Our LO, Alexa, is doing great.  She is 2 months old today, and we just got home from her 2 month doctors appt.  She did great!  She is in 75% for weight and height after a rocky start when she lost weight in the first 2 weeks.  Doctor gave us the ok to let her sleep as much as she wants now at night!  She only screamed for a little while after the shots, and is now sleeping peacefully! 

I am EPing right now since we had feeding and weight gain issues, but am hoping to going back to BFing.  Alexa wasn't a very effective nurser which caused me to have low supply (which I've built back up), I'm going to start doing one or two nursing sessions a day for the next week or so and see how she does, and then go to see an LC early next week for a weighed feeding and see if she is doing any better.  I really want her to have at least some BM, and am OK with nursing and then supplementing if we need to, but am really getting resentful of all of the pumping and am ready to give up if I have to stick to EPing.  We'll see how it goes. 

Both sets of grandparents are coming here for Thanksgiving -- it will be really nice to have them around.  They haven't seen her since she was about 2 weeks old.  I'm looking forward to delicious mashed potatoes and stuffing, and having lots of help around for a few days.  And, DH and I are going on a date by ourselves on Friday night while the grandparents stay home with Alexa! :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have to say I'm feeling great!  I'm starting to feel the baby move inside.  Nothing on the outside just yet.  I have some extra padding down there, but I'm sure in a few more weeks, DH will be able to feel the kicks as much as I do now.  I'm a belly sleeper so I'm adjusting to the side sleeping thing.  Its funny that the baby will actually gravitate to whatever side I'm laying on and continuously poke me in that area, and as soon as I roll to my back, float right back to the middle and then feel like its going to jump out my bellybutton.  I'm enjoying little moments like that now.  I'm actually wearing big momma pants for the first time today and enjoying the fact I dont have to wrestle w/ 3 buttons and a zipper to pee anymore.  This weekend we accomplished the baby registry. And we're still debating on a girls name.  Its really fustrating that DH just flat out doesn't like Natatlie, but he's entitled to his own opinion and I'm sure we'll come to a compromise soon, if not in the delivery room for sure. 

For thanksgiving, everyone will be out my house like usual.  I always look forward to showing off my good cooking skills and I'm ready to enjoy my family all being in the same place.

Theresa

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone. All is well with DS. We've gone an entire 8 days now without an illness, which is sort of a miracle. The past 2 months have been one medical emergency after another. I'm hoping we've gotten through most of it...I need a break!

DS is at such a fun age (almost 17 months), although I say that about every age. He's learning people's names, which just delights everyone. He's so communicative and always tries to make us laugh. Yesterday I caught him winking at the dog! Toddler winks are hysterical anyway, but why was he winking at the dog? He was probably wondering why the dog didn't laugh at him like we do. He's too much!

I am looking forward to relaxing this Thanksgiving. I am also looking forward to DS eating with us. He LOVES to eat, so I know it will be a lot of fun, especially since all his favorites (cranberry sauce, collard greens and mac and cheese) will be on the table.

• Options

Jack is growing like crazy - people keep commenting on his double chin :-) He's started cooing a lot, which is soo cute. He really loves the changing table, which is where he does most of his cooing and smiling. When he gets really upset we can lay him down on it and he'll perk right up. He recently discovered his delicious, chewable hands. He's also sleeping longer at night (one 6-8 hour stretch) although there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it yet and he's still up twice.

A few not so cute things - he seems to be stuck in this cycle of only napping for 45 minutes at a time during the day. So frustrating! It's almost like a timer goes off - it's 45 minutes on the nose. He's been getting stuffed up quite a bit, and DH is getting adept at the saline drops/bulb syringe combo. We're getting a humidifier this weekend. Oh, and he has a little bald spot on the back of his head, from lying on his sleep positioner, I think - it makes me sad because I love his red hair!

For Thanksgiving, we're doing dinner at my dad's and dessert at my mom's. I'm just looking forward to cooking and eating a lot of tasty food and showing DS off to all the relatives. Should be fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

DD is doing really well.  She's now 8 months, where does time go?  We've been trying to introduce meat - so far she likes salmon but is not keen on chicken or beef.  She really likes to feed herself now.  She'll let me feed her for a while, but if she can do it herself, she's much happier.  I've been giving her small pieces of fruit, bread and pasta.  Tonight I am going to make very tender carrots cut small for to see if that strikes her fancy.  I was also think of quartering peas.   

We're still not crawling.  Which I am very thankful for.  She gets into position but hasn't quite figured out the mechanics.  She does roll and lunge for things which has made life interesting.  Raking leaves this weekend, she kept on getting off the queen sized comforter to attempt to eat the grass and leaves.  I know I missed some that she ate.  But it's yard sald right?

Sleeping has been and on and off again battle.  She's very wakeful between her sleep cycles lately.  Sometimes she'll wimper and fall back asleep, but other times she'll work herself up and only nursing calms her down.  I think she's found her way into our bed 10 of the last 14 nights.  Last night she woke up and wouldn't go back down as I was getting ready for bed so I took her in.  She kept on looking for DH.  Only when he crawled into bed did she start smiling and talking like all was right with the world.  At least she is cuddly.

I'm looking forward to a long weekend but I'm not excited about the 8 hour car ride to DH's parents in Charlotte.  DD doesn't like the car so we are driving to C'ville Wed night and leaving at 4:30 Thursday morning to complete the trip.  Coming back it will be an overnight drive on Sat night since we are meeting with the realtor to look at houses Sunday morning. Grr...        

• Options

DD is almost 15 months old now and is learning new words and testing her boundaries.  We just moved to a new house, so we have to relearn all the things she isn't supposed to touch or go near.  Ugh.  She loves running around the basement and being chased and is still a very happy baby.  She is in a "da-da" stage, and says it all day, wanting to be around DH wherever he is.  Very cute, except when he is using power tools or climbing on the roof, like he was this weekend.  She has decided she doesn't like rice chex anymore, her one go to snack since 7 months of age.  We tried to introduce wheat/gluten last week and she got a rash.  I am hoping they are not related, but I can't see how they aren't.  It is so depressing to think she might have Celiac Disease like I do, because it will be so hard for her to grow up without eating "regular food" like her friends. 

This 2nd pregnancy is going well.  I am 15 weeks today.  I get to hear the heartbeat again this week, which I always look forward to.  I broke out my maternity jeans on Friday for work, but am still squeezing into non-maternity pants the rest of the week.  I never got around to buying one of those belly bands, so I get pretty uncomfortable as the day wears on (but I have decided I hate my maternity clothes from last time, so I am trying to put wearing those off for as long as possible).  DH says I just started to show a baby bump this weekend (rather than just looking a little chubby).  So about 4 weeks earlier than the 1st pg. 

Family is traveling to see us for thanksgiving, which I'm looking forward to.  I am not looking forward to all the cooks that will be in the kitchen on Thanksgiving day, but luckily our new house has a bigger kitchen. 

• Options

We're doing very well. LO had her 6-month checkup last week, and she's perfect, as always... We were in an exam room with a really squeaky door, though, which she hated. She burst out crying every time anyone came in. She hasn't slept well the last 2 nights. We're blaming it on my stepmom, who's down early for the holiday and put her to bed both nights. I guess we'll see if that's really the issue tonight. We introduced sweet potatoes yesterday, and she loved them. By far her favorite thus far.

We're having everyone to our house for Thanksgiving, which should be a lot of fun. We just have to make sure that LO gets her naps.

• Options

we are doin well, hanging in there and goin with the flow!  since being home, ive only stayed home 1 day, so its really tiring and hard to recover!  but we are getting there i think.  the twins are doin well, they are both bfing well, but also getting the bottle.  they go about every 3-4 hours, which is nice!  we go back to the doc on wed.

haley is doin well considering, she is a good big sister so far.  little mishaps every now and then which are always fun.

• Options
    I'm due in December, but barely, I'm due new years eve:-) I am looking forward to having thanksgiving at my parents and having my whole family together. My brother got married and moved to chicago in may and my mom has been going through chemo for breast cancer.  she is doing really well with her treatment, but I am very excited to be together with my cousins/aunts/uncles and grandparents as well.  I love this time of year!!!
  • Options
    We have been waiting for dd to crawl now for the past 3 weeks or so. She keeps getting up on all fours, rocks back and forth, lifts one arm, then the other and proceeds to scooch backwards! I know people say that once they start crawling it's a whole different world, but I'm getting a little tired of this in between stage! Can't wait for her first Thanksgiving!
  • Options

hi!

DD is going great! She is quite the sleeper at night, and now I am trying to get her on a regular nap schedule during the day. She is cooing alot and we are working on tummy time. She is great!

I still need to find daycare for her and have been looking for an in home place nearby to start in Jan.. still looking:)

Thanksgiving will be at family's house. I can't wait to eat! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"