Secondary IF

IUI today was a horrid experience....

I'm not sure how much I've shared about how much we detest our health care coverage but when we moved here to CA we didn't know who to chose (different plans) and so asked the only guy in the office with a family (small kids) who he had and went with them as we had about 2 days to decide.

Anyway, it was a HORRID choice. Its an HMO and the insurance owns the clinics and therefore you can only go to their clinics - even if they're horrid.

My IF treatment experience hasn't been great regardless - every time I go in there the nurses are either very aloof, couldn't care less, don't remember my name or what I'm doing (always having to ask me a million of the same questions, reading my chart in total before speaking to me even though I'm in the same room, not answering my questions or blowing me off, telling me "that part of your protocol isn't any of your business", etc) , they've told me never to get my hopes up when I told them I was being positive, they told me to "expect this to fail"....I could go on and on.

Today was our IUI with an appt at 930. They told me DH could give his sample at home or in the office. Since we live 40-50 mins away, I figured in office would be best. They hadn't asked me to tell them which way we'd be doing it but told us to be there PROMPTLY at 930.

We arrived and asked where he could give his specimine. The nurse (who is semi-retired and only works when someone else is off) started b!tching us out about how he was supposed to do it at home and if he was going to do it in office he had to come 30 min early (which they hadn't told me). She keep repeating herself over and over - just scolding the SH!T out of us. I stood there blank. If I said anything it would have been a whole lot of words I wouldn't want my daughter, who we had to bring with because we have ZERO support system here, to hear OR break down completely.

She b!tched and b!tched saying "this is not fair to the other patients who follow instructions and don't screw up the schedule...do you get that you've now thrown off my entrie day and this could impact the success or failure of other couple's cycles? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!"  and I finally said - "Do you want us to just go home and do this ourselves or woudl you like to help us?" She told me to go wait in the lobby (DH was giving his specimine).

She came out, asked me to come back with her and then just showed me the specimine under the microscope, told me again how I didn't follow instructions and pushed me back to the waiting room.

DH was spelling out and talking in code about how he was F'ing PISSED and how he was going to go off on her if she said another thing, etc. I told him he wasn't allowed in the room during the IUI because the whole point is to be as relaxed as possible and he was not helping in that area. He kept going on and on and I finally told him, "Either shut up or go away - I can't handle this from you too".

FINALLY, came out to get me for the IUI and asked if DH was coming back and I said NO! and she said in a chipper and happy voice, "Oh I was going to let him inseminate you. So then he jumped up all excited (as he's in grave denial that we have a problem so any particiaption he gets to have makes him feel like he's "doing his job"). The nurse appologized for yelling at us and said, "I didn't realize this was your first IUI with us"......neither of us spoke to her. I closed my eyes and tried to pretend I was somewhere else and DH was all wanting to smile at me and whatever. The nurse left the room after telling me to stay there for 10 mins, DH kissed me and I told him to get out so I could just be alone, he took DD to the waiting room (she had to be changed anyway) and I just bawled for 10 mins.

After we left I just bawled and bawled. I have never felt so humilated and degraded in my life. I wish I could remember all of the sh!t this woman was saying to us but I just can't - I blocked part of it out for self preservation's sake.

I always leave this clinic feeling like total sh!t about myself, my fertility, my esteem, etc. And today just iced the cake.

And the most horrible part is, if this IUI doesn't work, I have to go back! :(

Off to lay in bed and cry....

Re: IUI today was a horrid experience....

• Holy Sh!t!  I would have no reservations about calling the clinic to let them know what happened.  Oh my god!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh. My Sack. 

Sweety, I have no words.  That sounds like it was just horrific.  I don't know that I would have been able to keep my mouth shut.  You are a better person than I am for that.

I am so sorry you had to go through that.  Just one more reason to keep our fingers crossed that you get your BFP this cycle.

• Loading the player...
  • I am so so sorry you had to go through that! What an awful experience. I think you have every right to blow up at that lady- I don't know if I could have held my tongue. I hope this one is your cycle so you won't ever have to go there again!
  • OMG! What an effing nightmare.  I am so sorry, you have ALL of my sympathy and I hope that IUI worked so you can wash your hands of the whole place!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • (((HUGS))) I'm sorry, that sounds like horrific experience. No one should have to go through that, whether it's their 1st or 100th IUI. Way to add stress to an already stressful situation. I hope this is it for you, and you won't have to go back, but I would definitely say something.
  • CRAP.  What a nightmare from start to finish.  I knew the clinic was bad but not THAT bad.  That woman had zero compassion, whether it was your first IUI with them or your tenth.  Isn't her job to help make the environment conducive to it being successful?  I went through two nasty docs/offices before finding the one I loved so I do sympathize.  But still, when you're there for the actual procedure, they should just KNOW that you have everything riding on the next half hour and that they need to do everything they can for you.  If they must, they can b!tch about it after the procedure, even though it was their fault in the first place, you know?  But you're not a child.  Heck, you had your child with you...making it even more inappropriate.  I'm crying for you, sweetie.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is your cycle DESPITE them.  Many, many hugs and my biggest best wishes. :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • That is deplorable. NO ONE should be treated that way ever.  Especially someone struggling with so personal of an issue.

I pray to GOD that this is your cycle so you never have to be subjected to such cruelty again.

I'd be going straight to the top of who owns the clinic/board of directors. 

• What an awful experience, I'm so sorry all of that happened.  With it being the end of the year, is there any way you can switch your type or carrier of insurance for next year?  Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most companies do annual enrollment around November. Is there any way you can change insurances for 2010. Either way you need to write a letter or call and speak to someone in power there.
  • Open enrollment ended Friday (as in 1 day before IUI) the reason we didn't switch is because we don't plan on being with his company for the long term and didn't want to totally derail the IF treatments (as it would have put us back at least 1 mo with the whole "getting to know you/transfering records" thing at a new clinic).
  • That is so horrible!  I would have completely lost it  I would definitely be calling and filing a complaint about it, that is so unprofessional!  My fingers are crossed that this is a BFP for you and that you never have to go back to that awful place again!
  • Oh hon...I am so sorry. What a total b!tch!!! I hope and pray this one worked!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • omg, that is  soooo awful!!!!  i hope you get a chance to go tell off the practive once you are pregnanct and know you never have to see them again in 2 weeks!!!
  • That is horrible!  What a beeotch, hopefully you are pregnant and they can stuff it where the sun don't shine!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Wholey crap! Thats verbal abuse, there must be something you can do, not conductive to your treatments at all! As if you are not already upset that you are going through this crap and have to have an IUI in the first place, she has to be a total witch?!?! 

I hope you get pregnant and can rub it in her face!

On another note, you are 5 days behind me so maybe we will get to move on to the 2IF pregnancy list together! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"