D.C. Area Babies
Options

Local weather question

We just moved to the area, and a friend of mine is going to fly down from Boston in the spring. She is a professional photographer and is going to set up a portrait session.  We'd like to do it outside at a park somewhere, hopefully in Montgomery Co Maryland.

Since she is flying in just for the weekend and we need to schedule it way in advance, when do you think the weather would be the most likely to be nice?  She said March, April or May (but May starts to get busy for her with weddings though).

Do you think it would be pretty to try and get family/kid/baby pictures when the cherry blossoms bloom?  I am not sure if there are parks in MD that highlight the cherry blossoms that I have heard so much about.

Re: Local weather question

• Options

March is still usually cold. April can go either way. We had some 90 degree days this April, which was a surprise, but it can happen. May is consistently warm.

I don't think you'll find cherry blossoms outside of DC and they only are in bloom for a few weeks (early April).

• Options

You have a PM.

And the cherry blossoms are predicted to be out March 27-April 11, 2010.

There are some GREAT parks in the area that we go to and botanical gardens and a few other location ideas for you. I would say 1st weekend in April.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ack! How do I check a PM?  Forgive me for the cluelessness!
  • Options

imagejacks24:
    Ack! How do I check a PM?  Forgive me for the cluelessness!

Not a clueless question!  It's easier to do from other boards.  When you're on most boards, but not, apparently, the DC Babies board, the column to the left lists the boards and has a link to "Check Private Messages" under "my boards" toward the bottom of the column.  Here's a link to another board where you can see what I mean:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4615093/ShowForum.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There is a neighborhood in Montgomery County called Kenwood off of River Road that has  a ton of Cherry Blossom trees- not really a park like setting, but you should be able to do some kind of photo shoot there. We had our engagement pics taken there with the Cherry Blossoms.
  • Options
    imageeayode:
    There is a neighborhood in Montgomery County called Kenwood off of River Road that has  a ton of Cherry Blossom trees- not really a park like setting, but you should be able to do some kind of photo shoot there. We had our engagement pics taken there with the Cherry Blossoms.
  • Options

imageeayode:

That's fantastic, thanks!  I will check that out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"