Health & Exercise
Options

Dr. put the kibosh on my running!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

Had some spotting this week (VERY light). Went in for an U/S - baby looked fine, hb was strong, but Dr. still said no running (or sex - but who cares about THAT?!) until my next appt. on Dec. 18th  (I'll be 12w)!

Provided I get the green light on Dec. 18th (which I think I will - the spotting has stopped completely), do you think I'll be able pick running back up in the 2nd tri?  I'm so worried b/c I REALLY wanted to keep running through this pregnancy and I'm worried that if I take a whole month off, I won't be able to get myself back to where I was without overdoing it.

So frustrated. I went for a looooooong walk today but it just wasn't the same. I was wearing Ugg boots for God's sake - that's not exercise!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. put the kibosh on my running!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

• Options
    I'm sure you'll be able to get back into it. A good friend of mine quit for the whole first tri because she was so nauseous. She started back up in second tri and ran until her third. If you can't, though, don't sweat it. You can always do other things and if you were a serious runner before your pregnancy you'll bounce right back. I just ran a half marathon with a friend (different one than my first example!) who didn't run once for her whole pg. She was back up to her normal mileage and racing at 6 mo pp.
  • Options

i have a similar story to yours...i had morning sickness so badly for the first tri and was told at 5 weeks that i was high risk and my doctor was just hoping that i got to 8 weeks...so i stopped running and (finally) saw my high risk OB at 13 weeks and was still told no running...i finally got the go-ahead from my NP last week, but it is treadmill only for me...i was super frustrated at first, but after my history of two previous M/C, i had to put the baby first...even though my slight OCD/control issues make it hard to give up control i did it for the health of the baby...but i fussed about it plenty lol:) 

your doctor really just has your best interest and the interest of your baby in mind...even as frustrating as that sounds...try to be patient and stay active...i have been doing a lot of walking...so that helps some...keep the faith...send me a PM if you want to chat more:)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am there with you.  My doctor said the same thing.  Running is/was the only thing that made me feel like I was totally away from the rest of the world.  Now I'm trapped inside my own crazy thought process 24/7.  I'm dying for the second trimester to get her so I can see if I can start running again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"