Attachment Parenting
Options

When does baby reach out to be picked up or held?

Just curious :) 

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When does baby reach out to be picked up or held?

• Options

I'm really curious about this too. I am kind of looking forward to it, although I might regret saying this later...

My friend has an 8mo, and she says that her daughter does it, but I am interested to see what other people say.

• Options
    imageE_sharp:

I'm really curious about this too. I am kind of looking forward to it, although I might regret saying this later...

Me too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm. My memory's a little foggy now, but I think it was somewhere around 6 months....then it became a game-- wiggle to be put down, get put down, reach up tp be picked up, get picked up. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    When Declan is on his back he thrusts his chest out and propps himself up on his elbows to be picked up insdead of just reaching up :)
  • Options
    Started around 6 months for us. 
    IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Once DS started getting more mobile around 4-5 months, he would pull on my pant leg. Reaching up started soon after that.
  • Options
    I don't think it was until 8 months where she obviously put her hands up and requested to be picked up or held.  It's so exhilirating - I would come home from work and she would see me and start grinning and squirming and putting her hands up and saying "daht daht daht!"  Best feeling in the world.
  • Options
    I don't think DS started this until 9-10 months.
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

• Options
    6-7 months for Sophie.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    I've been waiting for this, too!  :)
  • Options
    DD has just started to do it recently.  She usually only reaches out if I hold my arms out to her first though.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options
    8 months for us - so just recently!
  • Options

DD just started the precursor to this in the last few weeks. she doesn't reach up and directly towards us, but she sort of waggles her arms out to the sides a bit.

when we lift her out of the carseat, she arches her back and holds her arms out a few inches so we can get our hands under her arms to lift. sigh, so cute. <<melts a little>>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"