Parenting after 35

Post-partum shopping list

Hey ladies,

I'm planning to pick up my supplies for my post-baby recovery period this weekend. So far on my list, I have:

Mega maxi pads (lots of them)

Granny panties to be tossed afterward

Colace

What else was a lifesaver for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Post-partum shopping list

• Sports Bras and Head bands/Pony tail holders :)

• imagePuckchick07:

Sports Bras and Head bands/Pony tail holders :)

Ditto, plus tucks pads. Lots of them! 

• Loading the player...
  • Nursing pads, cheap underwear or disposable from the hospital

• The hospital actually gives you disposable underwear, one size fits all & they are pretty comfortable. Also get bra pads. Make sure you have your fridge stocked.
  • Lip balm and moisturizer- nursing #1 made everything dry

Lansinoh balm. I actually sent dh out at 10pm one night to pick this up. If you plan to nurse, then you will want this before you need it...

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Nurding pads if you are BF. Definately the granny panties - you toss them without a 2nd thought and I they served as a gentle reminder to DH that I was off limits. LOL

I sent my DH after "the biggest pads he could find". He had never bought them and accidentally came home with "Poise Incontenace Pads" . He was so proud of himself that  I didn't have the heart to tell him he got it wrong and used them. It was actually a good thing. They held ALOT and sort of had gussets that I definately appreciated.

Also, at the hospital, they should give you a "peri bottle" to squirt water on your lady parts, rather than wiping. They'll tell you to take it home, DO take it and the water bottle/cup they have for you to drink from. I had water bottles galore at home, but when I looked at the "hospital" container ( which was HUGE) I was reminded that I HAD to drink more H2O and was better about it.

I still use the peri bottle to wet my wipes when I diaper the baby. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. :)

• Oh..and don't wait to start the colace/stool softner. I asked for mine with my first dose of Ibuprofin. The nurse was surprised - but they gave it to me.
  • imageDaisiesinmygarden:

I still use the peri bottle to wet my wipes when I diaper the baby. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. :)

So do I!

But back to the OP, everything the other ladies said lots of hand-held munchies.

• A boppy, if you don't have one already.  I didn't have one right away, and when my brother sent me one my back pain just disappeared

Instant oatmeal packets!  Having a healthy, warm, quick meal did wonders for me

Some kind of baby carrier - moby, ergo, bjorn, whatever.  Sometimes you need to do stuff but the baby just does not want to be put down

Good luck!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageJulia-Henry:

Lansinoh balm. I actually sent dh out at 10pm one night to pick this up. If you plan to nurse, then you will want this before you need it...

ha! I did the same thing. The little tube from the hospital wasn't enough.

ditto on what pp have said, I would just add your nutrition bar of choice (Clif, Luna, Larabars or old-fashioned granola bars). Just something that you grab easily and will fill you up.

• imageDaisiesinmygarden:

Nurding pads if you are BF. Definately the granny panties - you toss them without a 2nd thought and I they served as a gentle reminder to DH that I was off limits. LOL

LOL. I don't think my DH would even notice the difference between those and my regular panties.

Thanks ladies. Luckily, I already have most of the things mentioned (I already live in headbands and ponytails) so it looks like I just need to stock up on things for "down there" care.

• nursing pads, nipple cream, post-partum bath to promote healing
  • AAAAhahahhaa.. I "said" NURDING pads! LOL.. I really can't type ::shakes head sadly:: and I should get out more because that amuses me WAY too much!

• imagesonnenschein1:
    nursing pads, nipple cream, post-partum bath to promote healing

I think we dropped a hundred bucks within the first week for all this stuff. i would have paid double. I just couldn't have imagined how much time would be spent managing my nipple health. There's no way to predict but I suppose you could take it all back to trade it if you never use any of it. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"