Alabama Babies
Options

When do you start taking classes at the hospital?

I was just wondering when everyone starts taking the classes at the hospital? Did anyone take classes at Huntsville or Crestwood? Which ones do you think you should definitely take?? Thanks in advance!

Re: When do you start taking classes at the hospital?

• Options
    I'll talk to my OB about it in Dec as we will prob go in Jan
  • Options

We had classes at the end of the second trimester/early third trimester. (ie, I was due in April and we had a class in January, one in February and a third in March.)

I don't know what classes they offer in Huntsville, but we took a childbirth class, an infant care class and a breastfeeding class. At our hospital the childbirth class was disappointing and the least informative.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started ours 3 weeks ago. We have one tonight and one next wednesday night and we are done! We got started kinda late, but it's because I couldn't fit any of the others into my schedule.
  • Options

We took a weekend Parenting Class in September (had to work with Wes' schedule)...there were couples there as early as 16 weeks and as late as 38 weeks. 

It was through H'ville Hospital and Kellie they offer them at the Madison medical complex on 72 as well as the hospital.  Check out there website.

If we had had time I would have taken a childbirth class, but of the two the parenting one was what I felt we needed more.  If you are breastfeeding I have heard those classes are good as well.  

• Options

We took a weekend childbirth course at HH.  DH and I really enjoyed it, it was 2 saturday's in a row, and we are taking the parenting classes there the first two saturday's in December.  I was 25 & 26 weeks at the other one, although most of the girls there were due next week or in December. I will be 30 & 31 weeks when we take the others. I was afraid if I signed up much later then I wouldn't get to finish the classes because they would be so close to my due date.

• Options
    Our hospital recommends signing up for them in the 5th month to take in the 7th month because they fill up quickly.  So I guess I should be calling them now...  We'll do an all-day Saturday class instead of the 4-class setups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"