Alabama Babies
Options

Packing the Labor Bag...

DH and I are packing our labor bag for our birthing class, and because we are getting close. What were some thing you included or should have included?

Re: Packing the Labor Bag...

• Options

I haven't been yet, but here is what I have packed.

2 pairs of cheap pj pants

5 pairs of cheap panties

2 pairs of fuzzy slipper socks

2 nursing tanks (haven't bought these yet, but they will be one I can wear now and one a size up)

short robe (waist length) to wear over tanks

ponytail holders, soft headband, hairbrush, chap stick, face wash, travel shampoo and conditioner, deodorant

playing cards and travel scrabble

The lactation consultant said I didn't need to bring any bfing supplies, but I plan on having the boppy in the car anyway.

I plan on wearing home whatever I wear to the hospital which is probably maternity lounge pants and a long sleeve tee.  I also need to pick out the baby's coming home outfit which will probably be a sleeper, hat, and booties.

• Options

I pretty much had the standard stuff including lots of what Amy had in mine.

One thing I was soooo happy that I brought was a tennis ball.  I ended up with back labor and not much eases that unfortunately.  But Wes used the tennis ball to roll over my back and put lots of counter pressure against and it was amazing! 

Also I was glad we had our laptop and camera upload cable...I had so many pictures and I was able to put them onto our computer a little at a time so it wasn't overwhelming later.  Also our hospital had wireless internet.

Oh and definitely bring your own pillow...or two...the hospital pillows aren't very good at all.  

My boppy was helpful as well although I didn't use it for it's intended purpose since I formula feed...but it was great to put around me then hold Aubrey in my arms...it helped keep my arms from getting super tired.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Make sure to bring snacks. Hospital food is not that great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"